Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Venom Pro Plus Charger

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2012, 11:28 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Venom Pro Plus Charger

I got my new to me, used XR10 from a guy over on pirate4x4. Great guy to deal with BTW. He sent me the axlal XR10 already built and he sent two batt's, Exrta new servo and a Venom Pro Charger plus. When I charge a battery and set it for the proper setting will the charger stop charging once the batt is full or will it keep on going until it blows up? I have been keeping a close eye on the batts the past few charges and basically when it hits the "Amps when charged" value or what ever the words are I turn it off. Do I need to set some of the other limits such as a timer once I figure out how long it actually takes, Max mah etc.. Also one of the battery's (maxamps 1100 3s) balance tap plug has a 4 pin plug so it will only fit the 4s plug and then gives me an error. The other battery (Light max 2200 2s) will charge, well at least what the charger says, the cells are perfectly balanced but when I plug it up to the truck all the lights come on, I can turn the steering wheel but I have zero throttle. Any idea's?
irokcrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2012, 11:45 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Venom Pro Plus Charger

The lipo cut off on esc is most likely set for the 3s battery that's why the 2s won't work
I can't help with the charger though sorry
cooterwrenchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 04:46 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Most newer LiPO capable chargers have multiple ways to stop a charge if set correctly.

1-Tell it it's a LiPO battery
2-Tell it the cell count (1S, 2S, 3S, etc)
3-Whether you want to "charge" or "balance charge". Balance charge needs the balance plug connected to the correct port

Inputting a "1C" charge rate just gives the charger an idea how fast to charge. So, for your 1100mah pack, set the charger for 1.1 amps.

When all is set & charging, the charger will watch the charge voltage, when it looks full, it will stop the charge, it has nothing to do with the capacity/mah of the pack, it's only voltage.
There is also a 120 minute (2 hour) max time that may also stop the charge.

I have 2 Venom Pro Chargers & 1 Venom Pro Plus, use them all the time with no issues other than a noisy fan.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:31 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooterwrenchen View Post
The lipo cut off on esc is most likely set for the 3s battery that's why the 2s won't work
I can't help with the charger though sorry
Makes since, I'm might go buy some batts today at one of the local axial dealers and see what they have. Hopefully someone will be there to show me how to change all of these settings on the modules that at most have 2 buttons.
irokcrawl is offline   Reply With Quote

Venom Pro Plus Charger - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Replacing fan in lipo charger - Venom Pro Charger iamsuperbleeder Electronics 11 04-04-2012 08:06 PM
Venom pro charger?????? 76 warlock Electronics 7 02-27-2011 07:58 PM
Venom Pro AC/DC charger Santee Creeper Electronics 3 04-12-2010 12:04 PM
venom pro charger? 4ONDFLR Electronics 5 02-17-2009 10:10 AM