Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: JR racing R1 radio......rear steer capable?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2006, 12:10 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default JR racing R1 radio......rear steer capable?

search turns up nothing as JR and R1 are both too short.....anyone have any input on this radio?
rockwerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-2006, 06:00 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

I run an JR R1 Pro for all of my RCs. My crawling TXT has rear steering enabled. You can program any switch to operate. You can also set it to be linear or not. I have 1 race TXT that has rear steer enabled. The rear steer is is mixed at 15% with the front steer. I set the nitro warm up switch to turn this on and off on the fly. The R1 has an endless array of programmable options. To set up rear steering you will need to enable expert mode, it is disabled in beginner mode. I would recommend downloading the manual from JR's website.
tkruger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 06:02 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

just got it for trade for some 1:1 parts.......wish spektrum module BOOYAH!
Old 07-24-2006, 06:20 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Have fun with it. I have found it to be the best radio I have ever owned. Works great for crawling and racing. One word of advice, it will eat batteries. Get a good set of NiMh rechargeable AAs. You cannot recharge NiMh in the R1. You may need to bend the battery tabs slightly to get them to fit. Also whatever you do don't use a Futaba recharger with it. The Futaba recharger plugs polarity is reversed from what JR uses.
tkruger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 06:20 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Default More than capable

The R-1 is a wonderful radio. I'll never give mine up. Why they discontinued it I'll never know, the Z-1 (KO Helios) is no replacement at all.

You'd better get the manual for the R-1, though. It's not an easy one to program. Once you get the hang of it, you can put the third channel on any switch or button you like, make it proportional or stepped (I think a 5-step setting would be pretty trick, full left, half left, center, half right, full right) or mix it with the steering.

Once you start using all the stuff on this radio, you'll wonder how you ever got by with a TQ-3.
microgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 06:36 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkruger
Have fun with it. I have found it to be the best radio I have ever owned. Works great for crawling and racing. One word of advice, it will eat batteries. Get a good set of NiMh rechargeable AAs. You cannot recharge NiMh in the R1. You may need to bend the battery tabs slightly to get them to fit. Also whatever you do don't use a Futaba recharger with it. The Futaba recharger plugs polarity is reversed from what JR uses.
Thanks...basically I got the whole system for Free since I traded parts off dead XJ's in the yard..... I have a set of 8 2400 nimh aa's waiting for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by microgoat
The R-1 is a wonderful radio. I'll never give mine up. Why they discontinued it I'll never know, the Z-1 (KO Helios) is no replacement at all.

You'd better get the manual for the R-1, though. It's not an easy one to program. Once you get the hang of it, you can put the third channel on any switch or button you like, make it proportional or stepped (I think a 5-step setting would be pretty trick, full left, half left, center, half right, full right) or mix it with the steering.

Once you start using all the stuff on this radio, you'll wonder how you ever got by with a TQ-3.
the The manual is printing as I type this...........a little light reading for tonight...I should have it in my hands by Friday.......and the BL and Mamba also.....for the 2.2 juggy
Old 07-28-2006, 11:59 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

OK the radio showed up today got it put in my old rig......got it to rear steer but it is in a digital step instead of linear setup............gonna have to work on that one.. now how do I change the freq on the spektrum module......no instructions
Old 07-29-2006, 12:36 AM   #8
I'm a stupid C U N T!

the spectrum selects automaticly as for instructions you can download them here http://www.spektrumrc.com/Content/PD...structions.pdf
slobin3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 09:32 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockwerks
OK the radio showed up today got it put in my old rig......got it to rear steer but it is in a digital step instead of linear setup............gonna have to work on that one.. now how do I change the freq on the spektrum module......no instructions
you cant change how it process it is a digital radio.
if you set the switch for custom you can then set
total throw left or right.but it will go to that setting
when you trip the switch, use an R1 in super truck in comp's.
good luck have fun..
mhann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 04:40 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Set it up for five or seven steps rather than linear. Linear steering with the toggle takes forever, and I don't think you can make it any faster. But you can give it a few steps, with a tone to indicate center, and it'll steer both quickly and progressively.
microgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 04:48 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by microgoat
Set it up for five or seven steps rather than linear. Linear steering with the toggle takes forever, and I don't think you can make it any faster. But you can give it a few steps, with a tone to indicate center, and it'll steer both quickly and progressively.

that is how I have it set up now........I have it set on 5 step, which works pretty well, center, and 2 right ........man when the TX batteries get down to aboout half charge.....forget about it...........