Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Spektrum DX3C to replace my DX3.0

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2012, 01:27 PM   #1
Jus
I wanna be Dave

Default Spektrum DX3C to replace my DX3.0

I've gotten good service from my DX3.0. It was my first *good* radio.

My *fleet* is growing and the 4 model memory isn't good anymore, 20 sounds muuuch better... I also have a couple trucks with winches so although I've made it work with the 2 position 3rd channel having 3 position would be sweet. Also like the 4 AA batteries, I sometimes spend 4 hours or more out in the woods and my current radio gets heavy and uncomfortable...

It's got all the same features that I'm used to and more from what I understand... Exponential? EPA's obviously? Stuff like that..

For $129 from RPP it sounds too good to be true. A worthy replacement for my situation would anyone disagree?
Jus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2012, 09:01 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Spektrum DX3C to replace my DX3.0

It's a great radio! It's got most of the features of the higher end ones, just not the graphics. I upgraded my daughter's crawler to this radio and we couldn't be happier. I have the DX3R that I use for everything including racing. It comes with a reciever at that price, so you're all set to expand your fleet out of the box. Since you've already got spektrum, it's the perfect upgrade IMO.

Last edited by DudeWalker; 07-07-2012 at 08:08 AM.
DudeWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:33 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Yep, I've had mine for 6 months now and not one issue. Pretty good deal for an entry level programmable radio. Now that HobbyKing has $20 receivers for them makes for a very capable lowbuck setup.

A few weeks ago I slipped off a 12' mossy rockface and landed square on top of it. I figured it would be in pieces, but it came out like a trouper, not a scratch. I didn't fare quite as well.
Solitaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:37 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

i run the dx3c also. good radio for what i do. i will be upgrading tho to either a futaba 4pl or a hacked gt3c. only reason for that is i'm going to build a MOA rig and run dual esc's. the dx wont do porportional control, so i'll have to swap. i'll still use the spektrum for my sporty rig and scaler tho.

if you don't need any more than the 3 channels, it's a great deal. if you need more (or think you might) or want the ability to run dual esc's, then i would look elsewhere.
hoghead5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 10:31 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

thats a nice radio jus, i picked one up late last year.
allgm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 12:58 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

I love mine, it's been a loooong time since I've purchased a mid-level radio system. My last one was a JR Racing XR2i, back in the day.

So far, I haven't had any issues other than the first one's transmitter was bad, got it swapped out and smooth sailing so far. In fact, my buddy went and picked one up as well.
Devil Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 06:05 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Get the c! I got mine a number of months ago an my buddy with the r is jealous of some of the things it can do! An I haven found anything I can't do with it! I also run it off lipo now an its awesome! Runs a 2s with no problem. I like that you can make any button do anything! The r can't.. tho his r is getting replaced with the gt3c as well for his xr-10 an dual esc... So for dig, winch, lights or any other 3channel items, its an awesome tx to have!
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 06:23 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

the dx3c does have some drawbacks. it's 3 channel only, the 3rd channel does not have endpoint adjustments unless your running it as a 2 position 3rd channel, it will NOT do dual esc mixing.

for a general radio, or for use on a scaler that only needs 3 channels, it works great. i like mine alot.

if you need (or think you might need) more channels, are going to run a MOA rig with dual esc's, or have to have epa's on the 3rd channel, look elsewhere.
Old 07-08-2012, 06:37 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Hog, is the travel not a end point adjustment? I have my dig setup on 3 position an adjusted it to work.. or are you saying you can't adjust just the middle position end points? Maybe I just got luck on it working for me?
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:26 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

I was trying to run my spectrum 3s with a Novak m2 esc. Found out I was only able to use the front dig. I switch to the 3e because it has 3 channels but the third channel has two positions. So I can have a front/rear digs indepently.
Diablo666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:27 AM   #11
Rock Crawler

what i've found is that the 3rd channel on the dx3c sorta has endpoints. BUT they are high and low endpoints. if you use it as a 2 position switch they work, BUT if you use it as a 3 position switch they don't.

in my losi comp crawler i use the 3rd channel as a 3 position switch to control front and rear dig. the centering of the servo is fine, but the adjustments ONLY control the amount of servo throw. so if you set the high side higher it throws farther (both directions), if you set it lower the servo throw is shortened ( both directions). you can NOT adjust the servo throw to be different left and right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnerone23 View Post
Hog, is the travel not a end point adjustment? I have my dig setup on 3 position an adjusted it to work.. or are you saying you can't adjust just the middle position end points? Maybe I just got luck on it working for me?

Spektrum DX3C to replace my DX3.0 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
spektrum dx3c... need help lordjasper1988 Electronics 2 04-21-2012 06:18 PM
spektrum dx3c rmiranda134 Electronics 2 03-17-2012 01:45 PM
Spektrum Dx3c MXRac3r545 Electronics 3 09-26-2011 10:28 AM