Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Need help getting rid of Reverse delay.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2006, 07:14 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Question Need help getting rid of Reverse delay.

I have an LRP F1 Pro Reverse Digital speed control. I am trying to figure out how to get rid of the reverse delay. I have heard of people being able to program the delay out on speed controls without an adjustible delay. I have tried setting it up so there is a delay in fowards, but there is an 8 second limit on reverse, so when I switch it, the motor only goes fowards for 8 seconds. Does anyone have any solutions for this, besides getting a new speed control. Even if I could lessen the delay that would be good because 1 second delay is way too long.

Thanks
TMXONR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-2006, 08:14 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

So I guess there isn't a way to get rid of most of reverse. Oh well, Ill leave this up incase someone has a solution.
Old 07-29-2006, 08:49 PM   #3
TEAM MODERATOR

Well,it's on a Rebel II,but it should work the same. Most of the time you want instant foward to reverse. I tried several times to set the foward to reverse delay on the Rebel II to as little as possible,but the best I could do was about 1 second delay. Most cases that will be to long. I noticed that the reverse to foward was instant,or dang near instant........So I just swapped the wires on the motor and now it's golden.

On the motor,put the + wire on the - side and the - side on the + side. Then just flip the 2nd channel switch on your radio. Should be good to go,assuming you have a motor with zero timing. If you have a motor with say 10 degrees advanced timing,doing this you'll end up with 10 degrees retarted timing. If your endbell is adjustable,just adjust accordingly and your good to go.
Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 09:03 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

That wont work I already tried that and since my speed control has 8 second timer for reverse I can't do that, beause it will stop after 8 seconds and I have to go the other direction to make it go again.
Old 07-29-2006, 09:07 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Edit: Looks like TMXONR beat me to it

That would work fine, except he said -
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMXONR
...but there is an 8 second limit on reverse, so when I switch it, the motor only goes fowards for 8 seconds...Thanks
I am not sure if there is a way to program out this 8 second limit, I do not have any experience with that ESC. And even then, if I recall correctly some ESC's do not provide full power in reverse, and with some models the reverse isn't as smooth as forward.

Last edited by Mad Scientist; 07-29-2006 at 09:11 PM.
Mad Scientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 09:12 PM   #6
TEAM MODERATOR

Well,sorry I couldn't help,it worked very well for my sons Twin running the Rebel II.
Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 09:28 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

The thing I don't understand is that the instructions say "No reverse delay".
Old 07-30-2006, 04:21 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder

I would try asking the question on this site

http://www.lrp-electronic.de/e/main_frameset_e.htm

It however looks like this is a built in design and cannot now be removed from the settings shame cause I was thinking of getting one of these I might just go for a moped now then

Last edited by ede670; 07-30-2006 at 04:44 AM.
ede670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 08:34 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Thanks for the link. I searched the forum and LRP says that it is supposed to have the delay. They sound like abunch of idiots over there. If something is supposed to have a delay, DONT SAY IN THE MANUAL THAT IT DOESN'T.
Old 07-30-2006, 09:14 AM   #10
Pebble Pounder

Exactly what I was thinking when I was looking through the site for you.

I would say you could get a refund if its a new esc for miss information in the packaging they are not supposed to be advertising it as one thing when it in fact cant do that.

Its worth a try anyway
ede670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 02:35 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Hmm I should try that, but I voided my warrenty when I put Deans Plugs on it. I bought the speed control for my RC10B4 when they first came out, but after I went brushless it sat around for a while collecting dust. Its old but it wasnt used much. Im gonna go email them.