Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Common sense lipo buzzer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2012, 02:40 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Common sense lipo buzzer

I just bought a common sense lipo low voltage buzzer with warning lights,has anyone ever used one or even heard of them? I am thinking this is mainly used for airplane an helicopter use,my esc dosent have the voltage cut off an I will be using lipos, just didnt want to ruin the lipos when they get drained down to low, the esc is the hpi sc-15 its in my scaler,you all know that its fun to just keep running an running an then you forget how much time went by, this device should be the ticket! alarm goes off when the battery level gets in the too low zone. any thoughts on this?
crawlernut is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-2012, 02:50 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Common sense lipo buzzer

ive tried the low voltage alarms with the lights and they beep also.... the problem i had with it was it would go off from a drop in voltage when the battery wasnt even near lvc time.... if you dont have lvc id say get the meter reader kind thats 2 bucks and no alarm, you can keep it on as it uses next to no power or use it to just keep watch after you run a few times youll know how long your battery will last and you wont have to really use anything....

anyways i used that buzzer light up like your talking and it went in the garbage after 2 runs,,,, the plain reader kinds i always have around
greggreg2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 03:31 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

I'm agreed with greg here, the alarms and buzzers go off whenever there is voltage droop, which can happen with a near-full battery if you abruptly hit full throttle. I personally use a $2 hobbyking light alert only. For 3S, there's a red and green LED for each cell. I've mounted it near the windscreen so I can tell at a glance if I'm getting low. Easy and silent!
cragv is offline   Reply With Quote

Common sense lipo buzzer - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Common Sense Lipo Tortuga275 Electronics 0 02-19-2010 09:26 PM
It's called common sense... JasonInAugusta Chit Chat 3 02-08-2008 11:16 PM
Common Sense Answers Fishmaxx WRCCA Rules 43 11-29-2006 06:44 PM