Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: found cheap brushless esc and motors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2006, 10:24 PM   #1

Default found cheap brushless esc and motors

i was searching around and found theses dont know if they can be used but here they are

escs-http://nitroplanes.com/spco.html

motors-http://nitroplanes.com/inbrmo.html
creator_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2006, 10:27 PM   #2
RCC Addict

So, are you paid by nitroplanes.com?
Robb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 10:34 PM   #3

no i just found them on google
creator_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 11:30 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb
So, are you paid by nitroplanes.com?
Why would finding something of interest and posting it up prompt a question like that?? You almost come off as offended that the information was posted. Probably not what you intended, just how it seemed.

I find these prices really interesting. They appear to be geared to the airplane crowd, so I'm guessing there's no reverse with the ESC's. I really don't know about brushless specs (yet), but if these are comprable, the prices sure make you question the logic of spending $150 for a motor and ESC.
todd1803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 12:11 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

question is. will it bolt right up to the transmission in your rig? the revolver does.
does it have a warranty or could you even get it serviced?

as cheap as those are you are probably better off spending the money and getting something you know will work when you get it.
fuzzhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 12:31 AM   #6
K_B
I wanna be Dave

I think todd's right; those ESCs are most likely forward only. And the motors are all in-runners running at least 3000Kv whereas the appropriate outrunners spin at about 1000Kv or less.

And I am a believer in "you get what you paid for" when it comes to certain things. Castle Creations has excellent customer service and JRH is obviously gonna stand behind anything he sells.
K_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 09:24 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

FYI - If you go back a catagory on the same site, they have a seperate page for Outrunner motors, a whole bunch to pick from, all for $32 each. Here's a link>>> http://nitroplanes.com/brmo.html
Old 08-06-2006, 11:12 AM   #8
TEAM MODERATOR

They could give the motors away and I'd still buy from Holmes Hobbies. I'm a firm beliver in "you get what you pay for" JRH's service and support is above and beyond great. When it comes to RC electrics....you can't beat Holmes Hobbies,period,end of story.
Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 11:20 AM   #9
MODERATOR™

As if we couldn't gather that from your sig line!
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 11:41 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

http://nitroplanes.com/a2oubrmow924.html

this would be the one Id try for 2.22 rig....about the same #'s as the park 400 that MG is running on a 7.5# rig.

and half the price

Last edited by rockwerks; 08-06-2006 at 11:44 AM.
rockwerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 11:57 AM   #11
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

It does have a 3.2mm shaft, like the other Hacker knockoffs on the page. The mounting pattern would probably be 17 or 18mm and would need an adaptor plate. If you could mount it up you would be good to go.

All the other outrunners on there have 3mm shaft, hard to find pinions for. The esc's are in fact air escs and do not have reverse, nor would they handle the burst current that cars dish out from a dead stop.

Good find though, it is always nice to have more choices for any rig.

And thanks for the kind words fellas, I'm just here to help. Please give me a swift kick in the rear if I ever get too busy to help or too high and mighty to give honest unbiased opinion about product.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 11:57 AM   #12
TEAM MODERATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by EeePee
As if we couldn't gather that from your sig line!
Do you think it's to bold? I was thinking of going bigger
Old 08-06-2006, 12:28 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrobholmes
It does have a 3.2mm shaft, like the other Hacker knockoffs on the page. The mounting pattern would probably be 17 or 18mm and would need an adaptor plate. If you could mount it up you would be good to go.

All the other outrunners on there have 3mm shaft, hard to find pinions for. The esc's are in fact air escs and do not have reverse, nor would they handle the burst current that cars dish out from a dead stop.

Good find though, it is always nice to have more choices for any rig.

And thanks for the kind words fellas, I'm just here to help. Please give me a swift kick in the rear if I ever get too busy to help or too high and mighty to give honest unbiased opinion about product.

The adaptor plates are easy to make and after our chats on here I wooud fugure you would encourage free thought..........thats why we love ya man!

and I think the burst current of the park 480 Im having issues with is overloading the mamba....
Old 08-06-2006, 12:36 PM   #14

but I have run 2820's and maxx size tires NO problem through the mamba. It will peak 150 amps for a second no problem. The only guy that I know of that has shut the Mamba down is raptorman- with those HUGE tires and the mpjet 2820.
Old 08-06-2006, 12:38 PM   #15
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
but I have run 2820's and maxx size tires NO problem through the mamba. It will peak 150 amps for a second no problem. The only guy that I know of that has shut the Mamba down is raptorman- with those HUGE tires and the mpjet 2820.

this is on a juggy 2.2 with max size tires......... narrowed but maxx size or 2.2 Redrocks.

and the #s on the 28/20 are lower than the park 480 also.........just a bit but still lower

Last edited by rockwerks; 08-06-2006 at 12:49 PM.
Old 08-06-2006, 01:00 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

Obviously everybody loves JRH's products and service, and that counts for a lot. I haven't even opened the box for my TLT kit yet, so I have a lot of time to get educated on what the important stats are with brushless. One thing I'm trying to understand, is "Outrunner" the brand name, or does it just mean that the can spins?
Old 08-06-2006, 01:03 PM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd1803
Obviously everybody loves JRH's products and service, and that counts for a lot. I haven't even opened the box for my TLT kit yet, so I have a lot of time to get educated on what the important stats are with brushless. One thing I'm trying to understand, is "Outrunner" the brand name, or does it just mean that the can spins?
the can spins.....
Old 08-06-2006, 01:22 PM   #18
TEAM MODERATOR

Quote:
The only guy that I know of that has shut the Mamba down is raptorman- with those HUGE tires and the mpjet 2820.

If you need something tore up....just give it to me for a while,I'll find it's weak spot

I've noticed that it'll overheat quite a bit quicker with my 8 1/2" LST's but it's alot happier running the Moab's. I've straped a heat sink to the Mamba 25 and built a box around it and a fan. I'm charging it up right now to go test. It should provide a good test since it's hotter than a 4 balled tomcat outside right now.
Old 08-06-2006, 02:08 PM   #19
RCC Addict

my mamba 25 is acting up using the himaxx I have, but I think that the himaxx is toasting, smells even when turned w/no power, smells like a venting battery , oh well, saving for a revolver and castle link
halfcab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 04:06 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockwerks
this is on a juggy 2.2 with max size tires......... narrowed but maxx size or 2.2 Redrocks.
What is the final geardown? Do you have at least 60:1?
Quote:

and the #s on the 28/20 are lower than the park 480 also.........just a bit but still lower

The mp jet is listed @hobby lobby for 40 amps burst (doesnt give time), the park is listed at 28 amps for 15 seconds. But, without strapping them both down it is really apples to oranges- manufactures claims are just a claim.

If you were to take the Park apart for inspection, I would love to get the specs on stator diameter, length, and magnet lengths. That is the easiest way to tell how much power a motor will take.