Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: My DX7 setup for XR10

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2012, 11:28 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default My DX7 setup for XR10

Hey Guys,

I have had a couple people ask me for a hand setting up their DX7 so I thought I would post this thread. This is how I set up mine, I understand there are other solutions

It's a little wordy so bear with me.

So lets start with where to plug stuff in.

Servo - Rudder (left and right on the left stick)
Front Motor - Aileron (left and right on right stick)
Rear Motor - Gear (switch on top left of radio)

Click if you need help identifying what does what

OK, now I will explain essentially what is going on. Then I will show you how to set up the radio.

We want to tie the Front and rear motors together so it drives in 4WD. This way we can push the elevator up and down to drive the truck.

The next trick is to get the aileron (left and right on the right stick) to act as the Dig so we will push left and the front wheels will drive forward. We push Right and the rear wheels drive forward. The real trick here is that you can mix any amount of front or rear bias in when driving. Push the stick up and to the left and you will get something like 75% front and 25% rear. If you push down and to the left you can get the front wheels to drive forward and the rear wheels to drive in reverse. Handy if you need to turn in place, or find yourself in a pinch (though it will still cost you a reverse).

There are two switches we will set up. The first uses the 3 position flaps switch on the top left. In the middle position the truck drives like normal (as described above). If you flip it up you will get independent control of the front motor on the elevator. If you flip it down you get independent control of the rear motor. The reason we need this switch is if you need to run the front or rear motor in reverse. You should note that if you push left and right you still get the dig mixing in.

The last switch is the Rudder Exp switch on the top left of the remote. This will allow us to turn the 4wd mix on and off. This is a setting that i don't use too often but I thought it would not hurt to have it.

Below are pictures of the settings I use to make this work. If you set it up just as I have it you should be all set.

This ties the rear motor onto the elevator channel

This ties the Front motor onto the Elevator. channel

This ties the front motor to the left half of the aileron for front dig.

This ties the rear motor to the right half of the aileron for rear dig.

This uses the flap switch to use the rear motor only on the elevator.

This uses the flap switch to use the front motor only on the elevator.

That should do it. If you need a hand send me a message and I will see what I can do.
BC-Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2012, 01:48 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Question Re: My DX7 setup for XR10

Hi Brian

First off Thanks for taking the time to do post this information

Thanks some funky programming...One question

Its kinda hard to see which program mix your using due to the glare in your screen shots or maybe its my eyes lol..Do you use program mix 1 for the first picture,2 for the second,3 for the third and so on down to picture 6,or does it matter?

One more question before i crash..I am also wondering if you have any idea how i could program 4 way steering into that mix?..I have a second rig that i messing with as well

It's late and i Hope i am making sense

Cant wait to try this out..Thanks again

Last edited by xv-townboy; 10-21-2012 at 02:08 AM.
xv-townboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 05:51 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Default Re: My DX7 setup for XR10

Hey Man,

Yea you are still coherent :p

Mix 1,2,3...etc doesnt matter. Just put those settings in and you should be all set.

To get your rear dig to work you just need to map whatever channel you plugged it into to the steering channel. Lets say you put it on the aux you would need to map this:

Rudder -> Aux

+100%
-100%

Then put it on a switch you are not using.
BC-Brian is offline   Reply With Quote

My DX7 setup for XR10 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Xr10 setup? Jedda Newbie General 5 07-04-2011 07:38 AM
xr10 setup Jedda Axial XR10 1 07-01-2011 11:06 PM