Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Spektrum DX3 opinions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2006, 09:05 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Spektrum DX3 opinions

I'm really leaning towards the DX3 and had a couple of questions. What are the pros and cons on this. I've read threads about it and have seen that you have to switch some things around to get all three channel easy to get to while running. I'm thinking of doing front dig on it. How is the 3rd switch set up? Momentary throw? I want something that will work great for me for a lone time. Thanks alot.
scruff007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2006, 09:28 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

I use a DX3 for my other RC's but If I were going to buy a Spektrum just for crawling, I would probably get the DX6 It is cheaper, and with people adding winches and rear dig it seams the better route. There are a couple of threads on the DX6 on how to mod the left stick for a spring return.

Back to the DX3 I dont use the 3rd channel on mine, except to plut a transponder into. The rest of it is set up like my XR2, so I guess it is the same as the XR3 radios. There are some people complaining of issues when close to the vehicle because of the way the antena transmits on 2.4Ghz systems. There is supposed to be dead zone when right above the antenna. I haven't noticed this problem on my other RC's though.
TMXONR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 10:45 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Thanks TMXONR. Good info. I still don't know what to go with though. I just want something that I won't get any glitching and has good range. I like the DX6 too but don't have any experience with a stick radio.
scruff007 is offline   Reply With Quote