Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: duratrax battery and esc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2006, 01:24 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default duratrax battery and esc

i was wondering if anyone out there has any input on running the duratrax intellispeed esc and their 7.2v 600mAh batteries. bought them because of their price and availability at the hobby shop. been out of this rc thing for a long time, how things have changed since then. i was wondering about how much run time i would probably have charging at 1amp. it will be powering a 65t lathe with 83spur and 12 pinion on a 2ws TLT with 2.2 moabs. haven't finished the crawler yet to test it out, so in the mean time i figure to ask you guys, the pros. will i be satisfied with running the 6-cell duratrax or should i invest in say a seven cell with a bigger mAh? trying to keep this build low cost but at the same time durable. any input would be great, thanks.
RydeFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2006, 01:13 PM   #2
K_B
I wanna be Dave

Is that a typo or is it really 600mah? I've never heard of a six cell 600mah battery. It's gotta be something like 3000mah.

This is the second post I've seen about charging amperage affecting run-time; it doesn't. Charging your batts at 1,2,3,4,100 amps won't affect run-time. It determines how long it takes to fully charge the battery. The lower the amps, the longer the battery will take to charge. A 3000mah battery will take about 3 hours to charge at 1A. A 3000mah battery, fully charged will give you at least an hours worth of run-time. A 600mah would yield about 15-20 minutes?

The duratrax ESC will work. Just about any ESC meant for 1/10 scale will work in a crawler; it's the features you want that will determine what ESC you run. Make sure the ESC has a decent BEC rating; something AT LEAST like 1.5A.

Sounds like your gearing is a good place to start. Gearing is usually determined by personal preferrence. Maybe you want wheel speed, maybe you don't... The gearing you've got going looks to be a good middle-of-the-road setup.
K_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 07:25 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

thanks alot for the info. yes, i meant 600mAh 6 cell. i picked up a couple of 3800mAh 6 cell packs today, price was pretty good. but thanks for your help.
RydeFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 08:33 PM   #4
K_B
I wanna be Dave

You'll be out runnin' all damn day with 3800s My 2100 lipos (and brushless motor) get me about an hour and a half for a comparison...
K_B is offline   Reply With Quote