Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: goat 3s?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2013, 10:30 AM   #1

Default goat 3s?

i have the goat 3s system in my wraith and the motor got smoked due to a blown ring and pinion. i cant afford to replace the esc at this point so my ? is what is a good motor to use with the goat 3s? ive read they are set up so you can only use the novak sensored motors. i dont want to lose drag brake and instant reverse. i really want to stay away from novak products.
pinittowinit707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2013, 08:18 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: goat 3s?

I started out over 3 years ago with goat ( not the 3s system) it worked good for crawling but no reverse? It was in an scx10 with 1.9s. About a little over 2years ago I got serious about crawling an switched to the Novak 3s system with a 13.5 brushless system the speed control had glitching going on in the hot summer so about spring time last year I switched to a mamba max pro speed control still on the original 13.5 Novak brushless sensored motor I've been using for over 2years? I have not even cleaned the motor or lubed it since I've put it in the truck. Still running 1.9s on my scx10. So what I'm getting at is get a novak 13.5 brushless sensored crawler spec motor. But I've always ran it on lipo 2s. I have not seen the need for 3s. Though I have tried it out with 3s. Just my experiences for what it's worth? Good luck.
im gunna crawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:33 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Not sure how breaking ring and pinion can smoke a motor. but thats aside from the matter. Motors are motors. It dont have to be Novak.
MotoMudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:35 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMudder View Post
Not sure how breaking ring and pinion can smoke a motor. but thats aside from the matter. Motors are motors. It dont have to be Novak.
the rearend locked up. ive heard different with novak esc's. i want to keep it in crawl mode.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:38 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by im gunna crawl View Post
I started out over 3 years ago with goat ( not the 3s system) it worked good for crawling but no reverse? It was in an scx10 with 1.9s. About a little over 2years ago I got serious about crawling an switched to the Novak 3s system with a 13.5 brushless system the speed control had glitching going on in the hot summer so about spring time last year I switched to a mamba max pro speed control still on the original 13.5 Novak brushless sensored motor I've been using for over 2years? I have not even cleaned the motor or lubed it since I've put it in the truck. Still running 1.9s on my scx10. So what I'm getting at is get a novak 13.5 brushless sensored crawler spec motor. But I've always ran it on lipo 2s. I have not seen the need for 3s. Though I have tried it out with 3s. Just my experiences for what it's worth? Good luck.
everything worked great but the motor got smoked to easy even with a slipper clutch. looking to try something different. i would love the mmp but dont have the coin right now.

goat 3s? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Goat 2s help.... msd44 Electronics 10 03-12-2012 08:02 AM
Goat 3s cmyers1 Electronics 2 11-06-2011 05:04 PM
Novak Goat Vs Novak Goat Ballistic?? k_r_a_c_k_e_r Electronics 3 02-19-2010 07:53 PM
goat?? Jeff Jones Electronics 5 07-10-2008 08:48 AM