Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Just built xr10.. Need help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2012, 06:56 AM   #1

Default Just built xr10.. Need help

I just finished my xr10 an hookin up the electronics. So here are my questions but first i have a dxr3c rocker dig sidewinder esc and castle bec N hobbico servo cs170. So my servo goes to the str port in receiver and esc to thr port and dig to aux port and bec to bind port? So that how i got it N been crawling with and then i lose power from tranmit and rec and my lights on esc and dig blink. Last bit not least how do i set this thing up on my dx3c as for as steering trim and the other different options. New to the crawl world so any help would be great thanks and happy turkey eating.
Mayhemcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-2012, 07:04 AM   #2

Default Re: Just built xr10.. Need help

What kind of batteries are you using? It may be low voltage cut off. I have never used a spektrum radio so I cant help on that part
bigshoe83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 07:39 AM   #3

I also got a XR10 this month, still getting parts as I go allong.
Ok strangely enough I had almost the same problem, I have Turnigy 9X. My problem is I dont have a BEC but you do. What I can tell you to test is remove the servo horn and use it. What happened with mine was that when I use the servo (my end points is not set) when it presses against the body and uses too much power and cut all the power. So see if it loses power when you remove the servo horn. If its that then you have to set your servo end points and/or get a stronger BEC.
Wagenmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 07:47 AM   #4

Battery is a lightmax 800 20c 11.1v.

Servo horn meaning arm. How do i reset the end points.
Old 11-23-2012, 03:02 AM   #5

There might be an issue with the discharge rate, I have tried to get more info on amp draw to see which batteries you need for which setup and its a very complicated thing to do, if you run the XR10 feel if the Battery gets hot, but this should not lead to a loss of power rather then damage to the battery.

How you set the end points I have no idea, I drilled wholes in the plastic servo horn to make the throw shorter, but first just try with out the servo horn attached and se if you you loose power when running and turning the servo.
Wagenmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 04:41 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Another thing to look at is, what battery connectors are you running to the battery & motor. A bad connection can brownout the whole rig.
If they are Tamiya plugs, they are known to get loose over time making intermittent connection. Cheap bullet connectors are almost as bad. Common plug upgrades are:
Deans
Traxxas
Anderson PowerPoles/Sermos

As to the "C" rate on the pack, for a smaller pack (like a 800mah) you NEED a higher "C" rating. Minimum would be a 40C rate, 65C is better. With a 800mah 20C, you may be overdrawing the pack hitting LVC. If you hit LVC, the steering would still work but the ESC/motor would stop.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:27 AM   #7

Thanks for all your input guys.... I bought a new battery 850 mah 65c 11.1v.... The guy at the hobby store linked my esc and bec and he said he prob linked to what he normally does for his crawlers and will have to re link it for different setting for me, but that my battery is prob shot. What i also need is a cheat sheet or cliff notes on how to set up my DX3C anyone got that for a newbie crawler....
Old 11-25-2012, 07:30 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Did you look in the manual? If you don't have the manual then go to Spectrum Web site.
stelerzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:04 AM   #9

Manual CHECK? read the manual CHECK? still would like some cliff note version help....UNCHECKED. Thanks