Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: brand new tekin rebel 2, plug in, turn on, NOTHING...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2006, 07:43 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default brand new tekin rebel 2, plug in, turn on, NOTHING...

im throwing this damn thing at a wall soon.....

i got my TR2 last night along with a 55t lathe. i installed a 12t pinion on it today, crawled about 3 feet, flipped over and it died... plug the battery in, turn it on and nothing happens... like its getting no battery power at all. its plugged into the RX properly, battery is charged. not sure if im getting power out of the battery because of a ouple cells coming apart or something. but when i plug the battery into my charger it charges just fine.

any help would be great
dieselfuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2006, 07:56 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselfuel
im throwing this damn thing at a wall soon.....

i got my TR2 last night along with a 55t lathe. i installed a 12t pinion on it today, crawled about 3 feet, flipped over and it died... plug the battery in, turn it on and nothing happens... like its getting no battery power at all. its plugged into the RX properly, battery is charged. not sure if im getting power out of the battery because of a ouple cells coming apart or something. but when i plug the battery into my charger it charges just fine.

any help would be great
Hi There,

We have recently purchased 6 of the TR2 from Tower as well....one of them does not have memory, that is saying you have to retune the neutral point everytime you disconnect & re-connects the battery again.

Then we ship it back to Tower and they ship us a brand new one. This time its even worse. The replacement TR2 has no response what so ever, no signal, and we throw it back to Tower which later they refuse to handle and ask us to ship it back to Tekin directly.

I mean the QC of the Tekin TR2 is really poor. Outta the six TR2 we have, three of them comes with black switch, three of them in red. Some of the wire are of uneven size, it seems like whatever they have in the factory, they will throw into the ESC....its really disappointing to see a good manufacturer in the good old days into something like this today!

BR
Tom
takzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 08:00 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

hmmm... mine ran fine for almost a whole battery, no im getting nothing.
Old 08-21-2006, 08:54 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Tekin has a great product, but if you have a problem, their customer service is Excelent. I had problems with my Mini Rage Brushless ESC, and they actually let me talk to the tech while he was working on my ESC so he could find out what exactly was wrong with it and to let me know what he did to it to fix it.
TMXONR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 09:04 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

hmmm... well if i cant get this figured out ill be calling them...
Old 08-22-2006, 11:09 PM   #6
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

I would call. They are pretty fast about warrenty stuff. There has been some bad esc's getting out unfortunatly, you might be a lucky winner.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote