Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: wire diagram help please!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2006, 02:22 PM   #1

Default wire diagram help please!

I saw in a r/c mag a long time ago wire diagrams and explanations on
series and paralle motor and battery combiantions but i never bought it so now im trying to remember the pros an cons of each set up and how to wire everything correctly!!

any help and diarams would help me out big time thanx guys!!

and "power pole connectors" are they any good for this kind of r/c ( i had bad luck with deans connecters )

right now im box stock but thats soon to change ( with your help )
p.s. i've got a super rooster waiting to install i've had it for years, it was on my front wheel drive drag tamiya civic with a 7-turn double back in the days!

Last edited by D-MON; 08-29-2006 at 02:30 PM.
D-MON is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-2006, 03:30 PM   #2
MWRCA'er

I use the power pole connectors they seem to work well. I love how I can configure them to each other no male no female but both. I can make a 12 cell pack by connecting connectors. Don't use them for racing though as a hard knock into the boards will disconnect them. Ebay is the best place to buy them the guy that sells them for ham radios is cheapest. They go under many names, sermos, powerpoles and more. I've never had any bad issues heat wise with them or anything.

Parallel is the only way to go. Run two wires to the one motor from the esc, then run two wires from the one motor to the second motor.

Last edited by Mnster; 08-29-2006 at 03:36 PM.
Mnster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 04:01 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

100,000,007 and counting.
Attached Images

dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 11:34 PM   #4

THANX guys you helped me out on the questions big time plus power poles look better than deans when done right, cleaner but they work the same as deans

but i remeber the article having explanations why series and parallel have different characteristics like one set up is for torq and the other for speed?

i will ask around for the magazine i think a freind still has it, if i find it i will post it.

i have the conectors, bought the last set Ultimate hobbies had on the shelf no one new what i was talking about but older r/c guys!
i like the way you can do individual wires and no shrink tube b.s. i uesd to melt down tamiya and deans plugs all the time but thats another story!

i might try both types of set ups to see what the difference is as far as series or parallel, arent txt's motors wired the same polarity? dont they spin the same direction? i dont know?

once again thank you for helping me ( dam FNG'S )

Last edited by D-MON; 08-29-2006 at 11:54 PM.
Old 08-30-2006, 01:27 AM   #5
MWRCA'er

Series is weak and is for max runtime. You end up with 3.6 volts per motor when using a 7.2 pack. Only time it was useful was back in the day when our battery packs where 1500mah. If it's going in a clod you will have major motor stall issues. Motors will spin slower.

Parallel is the only way to go, hardly anyone runs it in series. With parallel your motors will each be pushing 7.2 with a 7.2 battery pack.

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articl...02/ai_n8884376
Mnster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 05:30 AM   #6

Thats more of the explanation i was looking for (details like why) that was a lot better than just saying series sucks

without knowing why (if some one asks why is it like that) id feel like another cow in the heard, just plain dumb

and thats just good to know info im interrested in facts not just opinions, if i said that this or that sucks without being able to explain why; did i learn anything?! (then i'll be forced to ask dumb questions again when things dont work right!)

but opinions are ok help is help, thank you for your help

multi motors and batteries are new to me
are txt motors wired +/+ -/- in parallel?
clods are reversed i know that one fer shure when it came out it was a controversey!

thanx
Old 08-30-2006, 06:18 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Most of the people I see here are running the GD600 gear reduction and 1 motor instead of 2.

Last edited by scruff007; 08-30-2006 at 08:59 AM.
scruff007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 01:20 PM   #8

thats the future game plan but for now thats what i got to work with i need some wheel time
i got it all wired up i'll let you know how it goes!