Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: electronics stop working

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2006, 08:26 PM   #1

Default electronics stop working

Ok. i have a very weired problem. when i have been driving my tlt around climbing if i turn for awhile or just hold the wheels turned and try to go forward its like the whole electronics go dead and nothing will work and the servo just stay turned and makes a whinning noise. then if i shut the esc off and turn it back on the problem goes away for awhile and then it will do it agin. The electronics i have are Dura Trax 8t racing ESC with reverse, 55t lathe motor, JR Racing Z650M servo, And an Airtronics FM radio. I know its probley somthing stupid but please help! it is a major pain.
rcxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2006, 02:40 AM   #2
K_B
I wanna be Dave

It kinda sounds like the BEC is crapping out. If the servo is asking for the absolute most juice the ESC's BEC can supply, the additional input of throtthel causes the BEC to cut out. But usually, if the BEC cuts out, the rig will just "come back to life" after a second or so and doesn't need to have the switch flipped to reset it. I would try running a receiver pack and see if you encounter the same problem.
K_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 01:34 PM   #3
TEAM MODERATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_B
It kinda sounds like the BEC is crapping out. If the servo is asking for the absolute most juice the ESC's BEC can supply, the additional input of throtthel causes the BEC to cut out. But usually, if the BEC cuts out, the rig will just "come back to life" after a second or so and doesn't need to have the switch flipped to reset it. I would try running a receiver pack and see if you encounter the same problem.
X2

Sounds like you need a reciever battery. I'd say that'll fix it. What kinda BEC does the ESC have. If your gonna stick with 6 cells you could try the 5th cell tap. I recon it gives new meaning to servo power
Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 06:09 PM   #4

5.0 volts/1.0amp
rcxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 06:40 PM   #5
K_B
I wanna be Dave

That's kinda weak. A receiver pack will most likely fix the problem. If it does, and you wanna shave some weight, look into a servo regulator. Novak make one for about 20 bucks and there are others out there as well.
K_B is offline   Reply With Quote