Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Blue Bird 620MG

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2006, 01:05 AM   #1

Default Blue Bird 620MG

I'm wondering about buing this servo. Could you guys give me some advice? Is it a god choice for 2.2 Clod based crawler? Its much cheeper than HS 645MG, and a bit more powerful i think. The serch button didn't help me enough :( THX
fabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2006, 02:40 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

NOOOOOOOOOOThat brand is junk,do a search and you'll read all the bad stuff about them.mine one broke first time i raced with it and requires an rx pack to even think of working
SPEED_RACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 07:14 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

If you go with a Blue bird go with the 630 it has metal gears and 144oz... Go with the Tower Pro version. It seems to do better on reviews on here. The 620 is not a good choice for Clod. I'm using it on my 2.2 TLT, but I will be getting the Tower pro's.
run2jeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 12:14 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Here is what I what to know. What would happen to the servo's if I put a 7 cell RX pack on them? Would they get the extra power or burn up. They feel a little weak to me already. But I'm running a servo saver on them. Just doing that b/c of the plastic gears. I should have just got the mg995 Tower Pro's......:-(
run2jeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 12:17 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by run2jeepn
Here is what I what to know. What would happen to the servo's if I put a 7 cell RX pack on them? Would they get the extra power or burn up. They feel a little weak to me already. But I'm running a servo saver on them. Just doing that b/c of the plastic gears. I should have just got the mg995 Tower Pro's......:-(
mg995's are nice...
S-Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 11:11 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by run2jeepn
Sizzle sizzle... Your servo won't last long at all, not even taking into account your Rx. Last time I tried that, I lost the servo, Rx and ESC...
Trikster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 10:53 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trikster
Sizzle sizzle... Your servo won't last long at all, not even taking into account your Rx. Last time I tried that, I lost the servo, Rx and ESC...
your rx can handle up to 6 volts ish.

im having problems with a blue bird servo rite now. i think its sucking to much power.
twisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 02:45 PM   #8
RCC Addict

I was trying to run 7.2v and it fried my Rx and ESC. The servo lasted about 20 more minutes...
Trikster is offline   Reply With Quote