Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: 2 new lipos and 1 short

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2006, 11:29 AM   #1
TEAM MODERATOR

Default 2 new lipos and 1 short

I just bought a couple lipos,11.1v, and run into a problem. I put the deans plugs on and hooked them to my Triton charger. The first one charged up fine,but haven't run it yet. The second one,when I hooked it up to the charger it gave me an "open circut" error.

I don't have any fancy testers other than a test light(if thats fancy ) On the balancing jack,theres 1 red wire and 3 black wires. When I test all 3 cells(1 of the black wires and the same red for all three) only 1 cell lights up the tester. Could it be as simple as a loose wire inside the pack? Could I take the shrink wrap off and fix this? I know that I can't be aggressive with the cells but I believe I could be carefull enough to fix this if it might just be a loose wire. I'm just not sure what a lipo cell looks like under the shrinkwrap to know if I can try this or not.

I know how electronics are as far as returning them,especially after they've been "altered"(putting my deans plug on it). Plus,it'll be agravating to get back down to the LHS I bought them at. Anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks
Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2006, 03:03 PM   #2
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

I wouldnt mess with it. Can you give the hobbyshop a call? Sounds like you might have a bad cell in there, the wiring is probably good. Im sure they would mail you a new pack if you expained to them the situation with driving and you can send back the old pack.

Bad lipo packs do happen sometimes, just like bad nimh cells.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote