Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Somewhat newbie question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2006, 08:28 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Somewhat newbie question

I have been in RC for years but this is my first time ever having to ask this
here is the deal. I plan on running a emaxx tranny on one 65T integy lathe motor on my rig and only a single servo for steering and a second on for a winch. I have a LRP AI a traxxas tq3 and running a MG995 servo and a traxxas 2055 for the winch. will the bec have anough juice to run my servos or would i have to have an RX battery? or could i run a rx battery and have the bec thingie. If it doesnt work which cable do i disconnect from the ESC to run a RX pack. Thank you for any help
Gula is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2006, 08:38 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

If I remember correctly that ESC has a 1 amp or 1.5 amp BEC.
That wouldn't be enough to use both servos at the same time.

The red wire from the ESC that plugs into the receiver would have to be snipped to eliminate the BEC power when running a receiver pack. You run the risk of frying the ESC unless you disable BEC while running a rx pack.
Unholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 08:45 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

I have heard that onr 65t is weak on a maxx tranny. I'd say go for two 55t... This just came up not to long ago.....You don't have to cut the wire you can just pull it out at the end. So you can put it back if you need to reprogram the ESC.
run2jeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 12:29 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by run2jeepn
I have heard that onr 65t is weak on a maxx tranny. I'd say go for two 55t... This just came up not to long ago.....You don't have to cut the wire you can just pull it out at the end. So you can put it back if you need to reprogram the ESC.
I don't understand what you mean by Weak. Slow or no power I mean a 55t is only 10 turns less than the 65t so it would only be slower right? I noticed even with a 55t on my pede tranny it's slow as molasses and i was running a 20t pinion and a very small spur and it's still slow. well i can always switch the two around or put a 35t on the other side of the motor plate and adjust and rig it to where i have 2 motors and can just plug the esc into one or another and just loosen the screw to make the gears mesh and undo the other mesh.

I also read that the tekin r2 has 6Volts and 5 amps BEC so how is that possible 6 volts is but there are no batteries that have 5 amp hours. Does it transform it to a higher amperage?
Old 09-20-2006, 01:34 PM   #5
K_B
I wanna be Dave

I think what R2J means is that a 65T is too slow and MAYBE would not have enough torque, depending on what kinda rig it was for. With two 55T motors, you essentially would double the torque of a single 55T and have more speed than the single 65T motor because a 55T motor is faster.

It seems like you're getting turns confused. The lower the number of turns, the faster the motor, the higher the number of turns, the slower the motor and the more torque you get.
K_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 06:13 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_B
I think what R2J means is that a 65T is too slow and MAYBE would not have enough torque, depending on what kinda rig it was for. With two 55T motors, you essentially would double the torque of a single 55T and have more speed than the single 65T motor because a 55T motor is faster.

It seems like you're getting turns confused. The lower the number of turns, the faster the motor, the higher the number of turns, the slower the motor and the more torque you get.
I'm not getting anything confused at all i know enough about motors. I guess i should stated i'm running a single 65t and if i really wanted to run faster i would put a second motor a 35t or so on there in addition to the 65t. What confused me is exactly what he said that it would be weak and to replace the 65t with a 55t but anyways
Old 09-20-2006, 06:23 PM   #7
K_B
I wanna be Dave

If you run a 65T and a 35T on the same spur, won't that cause problems? A 65T spins way slower than a 35T. One of the motors would overheat I'd think...
K_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 06:57 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Both motors on the motorplate but pinion not touching the spur gear on one motor. only one runs at one time while the other just chills and is needed when i need more speed.