Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: need help!!! front steering on ax10 not working :(

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2013, 04:21 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default need help!!! front steering on ax10 not working :(

Jus as tittle says. I was out playing with my ridgecrest and after playing in some sand noticed my servo would steer back to the right. Messed with the settings on my controller (the stock one that came with car) and still couldn't get it back to the right. So pulled the servo apart to make sure nothing was binding it up and the main littler gears sound fine took my output gear off and nothing behind it moves freely but my steering only goes back and forth a lil bit. And by little bit I mean hardly notices when car is on the ground. I jus got don't installing new tires, chubs, and knuckles but wouldn't thing this would effect it. please help!!!!
jboehler04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2013, 05:20 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: need help!!! front steering on ax10 not working :(

I have one of these as well. cant remember( I'm at work so can't look) I believe there is a steering trim and also one that sets the amount of movement that your steering will have." left to right". I will look when I get home and check. Another thing that came to mind . check how tight the screws holding the c hubs and knuckles are , top and bottom. AKA Upper and lower Ball joints. Too tight may make them bind. also does your servo have the stock servo saver on it? Could be that the spline inside is stripped enough for it to jump teeth. Just a thought. That's where I would start. Recheck anything you had apart and check how tight things are. Good luck
Androtaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:06 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Its not the knuckles cuz I messed with it with all the steering stuff off. So idk. I've messed with the trim but didn't know there was a adjustment how far it goes. Will look at it after dinner.
Old 05-17-2013, 08:55 AM   #4
RCC Addict

check the servo horn to make sure it isnt stripped or loose.
second option , servo going bad
crawlhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:40 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

you might try re-binding the radio
sometimes that RTR electronics isn't meant to last...playing in sand is a lot of stress on a servo
Postclanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 12:04 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Alright thanks for your help androtaz it ended up being the steering travel adjustment. And thanks for talking about this one cuz it also fixed my other problem of my tires rubbing on my shocks. Whew was worried my servo was shot and don't have the money to replace it quite yet. What do you guys reccomend for an upgraded servo?
Old 05-18-2013, 06:37 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jboehler04 View Post
What do you guys reccomend for an upgraded servo?
HiTec 7955 for a scaler, HiTec 7950 for a comp crawler.

If you run 2S LiPO, run the power wires direct to the servo, if you run 3S LiPO, use a CC 10A BEC direct to the servo.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 12:07 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

To be honest I'm still running a nickel battery. Its what came with it. And kinda nervous upgrading to lipos idk why but they kinda make me nervous charging and storage I've heard some batteries can explode if not properly charged or stored. :(
Old 05-18-2013, 12:45 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jboehler04 View Post
To be honest I'm still running a nickel battery. Its what came with it. And kinda nervous upgrading to lipos idk why but they kinda make me nervous charging and storage I've heard some batteries can explode if not properly charged or stored. :(
The main thing is to take care of them and charge them in a safe place. I actually put mine in a drawer that I leave open when they are chargeing but I lined the drawer with a couple of layers of aluminum foil and use a lipo sac. The difference between lipo and nimh or nicd is night and day. You get alot more run time and so far my lipo's have out lasted any nimh I ever had. I pretty much replaced the nimh every year and I have a couple of my first lipo's that are over 3 years old now and still run strong.
craddock35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:16 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

ill change someday. lol. i guess i need to price stuff out first and do some research on whats good and bad. this forum has been very helpful with that. thanks everyone
Old 05-20-2013, 04:28 AM   #11

If it helps I have have been using lots of 2s lipos for 3-4 years now and I've never treated them with kid gloves. Buy a decent balance charger, keep them reasonably well charged and coolish, which in Montana shouldn't be too hard I guess, and I think you'll be fine. You've got resources like this site if any questions.

In terms of run-times and performance they are a big step up over nicad and nimh in my experience. I haven't looked back.
pritch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 05:23 PM   #12
Pebble Pounder

No problem, Ive had that same problem too. Im not big on LiPo myself, Call me behind the times. I'll stick with my 8.4v 5000 mAh NiMh packs and not risk burning down the house
Androtaz is offline   Reply With Quote

need help!!! front steering on ax10 not working :( - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
front axle not working Mncrawlers55904 Axial AX-10 Scorpion 10 04-23-2011 08:23 PM
front and rear dig working with my radio boostedg60rado Electronics 5 06-17-2009 04:21 AM
front steering linkage behind front axle kit? slip408 Axial AX-10 Scorpion 8 09-14-2008 01:16 AM
working hydrolic steering! Rider385 General Crawlers 36 02-08-2008 07:15 PM
Front reverse not working????? bashtothemax2 General Crawlers 1 08-08-2006 09:05 PM