Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: reciever suggestions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2013, 09:03 PM   #1

Default reciever suggestions

I need a new reciever. I don't know which one to pick. I plan mainly on crawling with my wraith, also would like to run dig in the future and winch. might go wireless with the winch. I have lights too. I have the stock transmitter now but what brand rx I will follow for transmitter.

Any suggestions?
Trout150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2013, 09:19 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: reciever suggestions

The stock transmitter has two channels. Changing receivers will not add channels!

I would look at the GT3C transmitter from OverKillRC. It has enough channels for DIG, Winch, and can do 4w steering.

GT3C

If you just want to replace the AR-3 receiver, you can use a FLYSKY FS-gr3c which you can get on ebay.

Flysky FS GR3C GR3C for FS GT3C GT3C GT2B GT3B GT2 2 4GHz 3CH Failsafe Receiver | eBay
k7zpj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:41 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I have the Turnigy GTX3(just looks better and everyone doesn't have one) which has the same circuitry as the Flysky GT3B. Hacked it, installed the upgrade voltage regulater and installed a 3s lipo. Once hacked it opens so many options(up to 8 channals, increased EPA,20 model memory and too much more to list) got about $80 in all and you have a great radio. I'm running 3 rigs on this and has great range. Can bind Turnigy, Flysky and Hobby King receivers to this radio. Can pick up receivers for $7 or less. You need to check out the hacked Flysky GT3B thread in this forum which is very long, but I read it all anyways.
KRAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 08:44 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Hello,
I have wraith that needed a new receiver and I put a futaba pm-x it has both a transmitter and a receiver but if you only need a receiver then just buy the futaba receiver, there great and I am very satisfied with mine, in my opinion don't get specktrum there ok but it's your receiver, hopes this helps, - axial 4x4 crawler.
axial 4x4 crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 01:05 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by axial 4x4 crawler View Post
Hello,
I have wraith that needed a new receiver and I put a futaba pm-x it has both a transmitter and a receiver but if you only need a receiver then just buy the futaba receiver, there great and I am very satisfied with mine, in my opinion don't get specktrum there ok but it's your receiver, hopes this helps, - axial 4x4 crawler.
Ummm...not sure ANY Futaba RX is going to work with the stock Wraith TX. It needs more than just "2.4ghz".
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 09:04 AM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie-III View Post
Ummm...not sure ANY Futaba RX is going to work with the stock Wraith TX. It needs more than just "2.4ghz".
X2 on that. Even if it worked I am not sure why one would use a Futuba RX that costs nearly 50 bucks when you can use a FLYSKY RX that costs $7.99 including shipping.
k7zpj is offline   Reply With Quote

reciever suggestions - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Reciever help please mbcook Newbie General 6 03-30-2011 08:17 PM
Modern radio/reciever suggestions? Brandxman Electronics 11 07-30-2009 07:29 PM
reciever help Nabil Electronics 8 12-23-2008 06:49 PM
reciever juststartin Electronics 1 08-22-2007 03:57 PM