Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: different style battery conectors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2013, 09:27 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default different style battery conectors

i have a battery with a dedicated traxxas connection. my rtr wraith has tamiya style connection (not sure if thats proper terminology) . its the one square one round style connection.

does the extra connectors that come with the battery chargers work in the vehicle or only with the charger.

it says on the connector . (warning ) Low current use only!Do not exceed the current (amp) rating of the white molex connector .

i want to use the traxxas battery in the wraith but do not wanna damage anything.
iplaywithrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-2013, 09:39 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: different style battery conectors

I would just pick a favored connector and use it universally on all vehicles and batteries. Most of the rcc community uses deans plugs. But, I don't think there would be anything wrong with going traxxas.
avanord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 09:42 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

im not sure how to change the connector that came in the rtr . i want to use this battery with the traxxas connector as a second battery but not sure if this adapter will work in the truck or strictly for charging the battery.
iplaywithrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 12:58 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

It sounds like you may want to go to your hobby shop or a more experienced RCer in your area to help you cut off the crappy connectors on everything and soldier better/different connectors on all of your stuff. In other words, cut and toss the old mismatched connectors and soldier new matched connectors on everything...

ALWAYS put the female connector on the battery and the male connector on charger and ESC, ALWAYS.

Last edited by DudeWalker; 06-22-2013 at 01:01 AM.
DudeWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 05:26 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

I use an adapter on my JKU rtr kit. Not sure if this is the exact one that I use, but I haven't had any issues with 5000 mah 25c lipo battery I run. The one on my rig is 14 gauge wire also.

adapter
TriggerMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 05:43 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: different style battery connectors

1-Get rid of the Tamiya connectors, they will give you issues at some point.
2-Most chargers have a few different cables to use between the charger & battery, if need be, chop off one connector and solder on whatever you want to use (Deans, Traxxas, Sermos, etc.), use the same style connector on batteries & ESC.
3-If you use a connector between the ESC & motor, put a female on the ESC side so it's different from the battery input side.
4-Last, don't use adapters for your usual batteries, use them to help out someone else now & then.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote

different style battery conectors - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Finding bad battery cells in a battery pack. ToTheMAXXcrawler Electronics 9 02-04-2010 10:14 AM
new link conectors brandontodd33 Newbie General 5 06-02-2009 04:57 PM
AA battery charger holder.... redneck style 500swmag Electronics 8 09-17-2007 08:29 PM