Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Built a Dingo kit only wanna buy electronics once

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2013, 09:17 PM   #1

Default Built a Dingo kit only wanna buy electronics once

Hey guys new to crawling not new to RC Just built a dingo kit and need to start to get some electronics. I don't need the best but don't want junk either any suggestions for a RX/TX servo Speed control/ Motor? Brushless or not?
HKSkook is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-2013, 09:27 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Built a Dingo kit only wanna buy electronics once

Check out the Tekin FX-R ESC. Good esc w/ a drag brake (essential for crawling). They offer several combo packages including motor wind options of 35, 45, 55 turn (bigger # = more torque and less speed) and machine or hand-wound (better).

Regardless of brand, buy the best radio you can. If you've got any possibility of getting 'hooked' on scale rc, a 3 channel is a good choice.
ethernectar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:38 PM   #3
RCC Addict

On the budget side. HS7954 servo, Holmes Hobbies BRXL and either his crawl or torque master motor. And a spectrum tx/rx combo.

Or for some of the best. MMP, Tekin pro4 or roc412, and a HS7950 servo.
crawler nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 11:20 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

For crawling and rig that will see mud, water and lot of dirt, you want a Brushed motor. Both Brood and Holmes offer good motors for trail run, if you really like mud, get yourself a cheap motor (like silver can 540 or HH trailmaster sport).

For brushed ESC, you can't go pass Holmes BRXL waterproof version. For versatility, MMP is pretty good cause it runs brushed and sensored/sensorless brushless motor. For cheaper version, Castle sidewinder SV3 is waterproof and can run brushed but only sensorless brushless. Remember if you run any castle ESC, make sure you get a BEC cause their built in BEC is crap.

Servo, Solar D772 is only $17.5 but offer good torque. Other than that hitec 7954 is pretty good, Hobbico CS170...

Radio, Spektrum DX3C, hacked flysky GT3B or futaba 4pl (not 3pl) are all good from cheap to medium price.
Colgout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 12:11 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Getting some good info here.. I'm big on the fxr cause of space and I already had them..
Their is nothing like by he HH wp brxl tho and for a awesome motor, well it depends on what you want it for. I'm not huge on mud bogging or swimming with my scaler, so I run a HH16t crawlmaster. Awesome on 4s!
For dirtier conditions a torque master an for a blast, the 27t trail master pro is a ridiculous motor!

All for right around what a tekin combo would be but wp esc and a better motor..

Always a hitec servo! #1 choice -7950.. then a 7954,7955,5955 or the hobbico cs-170 ( rebranded hitec)

I'm with the post above.. all around tx an cheap to get RX's. Get a spektrum dx3c. It can run up to 20 rigs an can do everything but run a dual esc moa..
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 01:56 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnerone23 View Post
I'm with the post above.. all around tx an cheap to get RX's. Get a spektrum dx3c. It can run up to 20 rigs an can do everything but run a dual esc moa..
You actually can run Dual ESC MOA rig using DX3c, just get a wannamix....

But you can only choose dig or proportional not BOTH. if you want both, DX3S or DX3R is minimum. Then you might as well get a 4pl...
Colgout is offline   Reply With Quote

Built a Dingo kit only wanna buy electronics once - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Getting electronics for dingo kit pursuitgt Newbie General 4 01-30-2013 03:14 AM
Wanna buy some teeth? ecoli Chit Chat 24 05-18-2009 08:25 AM