Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: need help please

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2013, 02:22 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default need help please

I bought a used rc and got a Dynamite Fuze 3300 KV brushless motor, and the Dynamite 1/10 esc that matches, It seemed like the bearings were shot in the motor and has a drag in it, so I took it too my local hobby shop, the guy ran it said he thought there was dirt in it to cause the drag, I then called Horizon Hobby they, told me they don't rebuild them,they just replace if under warranty, which is it not, So I took it apart and replaced the bearings they were 5mm x 11mm had some extras, replaced the bearings, and put it back together, now it spins freely in my hand, but when you put power to it seems like its dragging worse than before and now it gets hot, right way in a couple of minutes, hot enough where you cant hold on to it, did I just XXXX up a motor or are the Fuze brushless motors not rebuild able, just wanted to get it working good to put in my stadium truck so I could sell it. It would sell better brushless with esc.

Last edited by kgb424; 05-01-2014 at 07:18 PM.
kgb424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2013, 02:40 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: need help please

So how do match a brushless motor to the dynamite esc, so if I find a cheap brushless motor, cause my Arrma Vortex stadium truck needs some thing to catch people attention, so it sells, its got a Traxxas XL5 esc and a Titan 12 turn in it now, just thought the Dynamite combo might make sell better, the rc that the Dynamite came out of is getting a Castle Vanguard, esc and brushless motor, so it might sell faster

Last edited by kgb424; 08-19-2013 at 03:01 PM.
Old 08-19-2013, 07:40 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

I just bought a REEDY 3300KV brushless motor for $ 22.00 shipping included, will be here Friday, will take some pics when I get in the Vortex, got to love E-bay if you want cheap you can find it there. Here is a pic of one they want $60 plus shipping, I got it less than half price. should be good enough to sell the vortex now.

Last edited by kgb424; 05-01-2014 at 07:18 PM.
Old 08-19-2013, 07:43 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

That stator is rusted ouf. It's trash

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 4
z50king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:55 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

thank you z50king now the question is the motors got a red wire, yellow wire and a black wire, the esc has a red wire, blue wire and black wire, so to make it work you match the letters up, Correct ???? A would go A, B to B, C to C, but if not marked then what red to red, black to black, yellow goes the blue correct ????. I hope I don't screw it up.
Old 08-19-2013, 07:59 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

If they are not labeled A B C, then just connect the middle wires together. If you connect the outside two together wrong, it will just spin backwards
z50king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:31 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

My Castle Vanguard Combo in my Exo and Mini Trophy, the esc and motor are both labeled A,B,C. So its idiot proof, I just though that all esc's and brushless motors were labeled. Guess I'm wrong. The Dynamite esc is labeled, the black is A wire, red is B wire, C is the blue wire on esc. So I will ask again on the Reedy motor its black to black, red to red, yellow to blue correct ???? please some answer that part of my question
Old 08-19-2013, 09:41 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgb424 View Post
My Castle Vanguard Combo in my Exo and Mini Trophy, the esc and motor are both labeled A,B,C. So its idiot proof, I just though that all esc's and brushless motors were labeled. Guess I'm wrong. The Dynamite esc is labeled, the black is A wire, red is B wire, C is the blue wire on esc. So I will ask again on the Reedy motor its black to black, red to red, yellow to blue correct ???? please some answer that part of my question

Yep. He just said that.... Black black red red blue yellow....... If motor spins backwards swap red and black around.
JokersWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 11:24 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Ok thank you, just want to make sure, I don't want to smoke another brushless motor, I had the mechanical speed control and motor catch fire in Goldpan SC10, and then there was my nitro stampede melt down, the fuel tank exploded. But that was a good thing cause it blew its self out, and wasn't hot enough to reignite. I seen picture of lipo's after they have exploded, those are bad, and you don't want to be around it when it happens.

Last edited by kgb424; 08-19-2013 at 11:40 PM.
Old 08-20-2013, 12:04 AM   #10
RCC Addict

Won't fry nothing, and that would be rc10 not sc10
JokersWild is offline   Reply With Quote