Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: pics of mounted electronics~

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2013, 07:31 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default pics of mounted electronics~

I would like to see some pics of how everyone has the electrics in their rigs mounted.

I am re-doing the trail Bronco (scx based) and am having "issues" mounting everything up neatly (mostly cause I am slightly ocd)

thanks~

L.R.
LoneRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2013, 03:49 PM   #2
Proverbial threadkiller

Default Re: pics of mounted electronics~

Care to describe said "issues"?

I don't really have anything I can show on my CUCV (AX converted SCX). On that one I just unceremoniously dumped the receiver, BEC, and wiring into the Axial electronics box, and servo-taped it down, the Sidewinder Micro got stuck on the top of the box, and the access connector from my CastleLink Quick Connect harness just dangles from the box. That all sits on a Jevne Racing battery tray I won in one of the giveaways on here.

My next build is currently a pile of parts on the workbench. I'm wanting to get an X-trail chassis, and build from that. Not sure what I'm going to use for an electronics box, but I hope to get a receiver, BEC, and AE-2 ESC all shoved in there so I can keep the whole electronics package protected from water. May have to get a box made if I can't find one I like. Bigger hurdles than that need to be crossed first, though.

On my Poison Dart, I whipped up an electronics tray that I've seen a couple guys had on their rigs. I can post up pics of those, but it'll be kinda hard to see, and I'm not sure what it is you're looking to do with your rig.

First picture up is of the plate and getting stuff positioned.

Sidewinder Micro is on the left, BEC is next to it. The receiver is stuck up under the battery tray. It didn't stay there, though. Had it been a smaller 2106 (I think), with the plugs out the side, I mighta left it there, but with the plugs on the face, I wasn't really happy with not having enough room between the battery plate and the axle. I put the receiver on the battery plate, but the front bar of the bodiless topper came down and hit the receiver case. So, it got decased and servo-taped down just head of the ESC and BEC.

Next two pics show the final installation, just not from very good angles.

Basically all that has happened in these pics is the On-Off switch got stuck on top of the BEC so I could just reach up under the front "wheelwell" to turn the rig on and off, and the receiver got decased and taped down. Rather than take the time to shorten the ESC and servo wires down, all I did was coil them up as neatly as I could, and put some shrink tubing around them. Not what you'd call overly attractive, but effective at any rate. Motor wires I just ran up, over, and in between crossbars on the topper. Once I was fairly certain everything worked and wasn't going to get pinched in any pivot points, I buttoned everything up and took it for a short shakedown cruise.

Trubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 04:09 PM   #3
MODERATOR™

My OCD alarm went off.
Attached Images

EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 04:25 PM   #4
RCC Addict

FXR & Cap
RX & Cap
2s LiFe rx pack
Y harness for servo
All crammed into my FB II
Dostradamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 07:26 PM   #5
RCC Addict

k7zpj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 08:36 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Meatwad is offline   Reply With Quote

pics of mounted electronics~ - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I need pics of how you mounted your hard body! MnRockCrawler Newbie General 7 02-09-2011 05:25 PM
chassis mounted servo pics? Nates Creations General Crawlers 2 08-07-2010 12:31 AM
2.2s mounted [pics/question] fatwreck General Crawlers 0 01-29-2006 07:57 PM