Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Novak Crucher Rock Crawler Brushless Systems

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2013, 07:43 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Novak Crucher Rock Crawler Brushless Systems

Have used three original Novak Goat 2S systems for close to 10 years with great success. Have always enjoyed the simplicity of the one touch programming. Until recently have had no issues with durability or performance. I think they are now showing there age as the magnets are becoming weaker and not holding the hill break like they once did. So I'm looking to replace the old systems and have read some negative reviews and dealings with the Novak Timbuk2. However after having good luck with the original Goat systems am wondering if Novak has corrected this with the new Crusher systems.
Crusher Rock Crawler Brushless Systems [#3258, #3259] - $195.00 : Novak Electronics: Products, Novak or Nothing!
Any thoughts on there new system?
diggerj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2013, 10:55 PM   #2

Default Re: Novak Crucher Rock Crawler Brushless Systems

I just ordered one of these with 18.5T for a LNC. I hope they did!
M0SES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 03:25 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

I've read a lot of them catch fire or go up in smoke.
realsickclown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:00 AM   #4
RCC Addict

I've had more Novak failures than I can count. The only 1 that hasn't failed me is my origional Rooster Crawler. Spend a few more $$ and get something that's going to last you. Its a known issue with Novak. All major companies but Novak have come out and advanced the abilities of their electronics to suit the crawlers needs. Novak has not done this and aside from the low quality the abilities of their ecectronics is inferior.
crawler nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:51 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

I am PROUD to run Novak products. I been running them since the early 80's. I have had my share of products die out, but i have experienced EXCELLENT customer service with Novak. Yeah there was a couple random moments were i was just over them, but i always came back. Maybe because its what i know and I am comfortable with.
The crusher is a great product. i was able to try it out at a Novak demo day... great torque from the motor. good liner feel on the throttle. I slammed my setup at the demo day with a 4s and the 13.5 ..... holy wheel speed! crawlered over all the obstacle in my way. EVEN took it on the track while at the demo day... kept up with some of the racers out there, too.

recommended from this driver.

sisterfunk
sisterfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 05:58 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Just got the 18.5 Crusher combo installed and have to say it is doing very well so far. Working on getting the drag brake set the way I like, it has a heck of a lot more break than the old Goat systems. Am very impressed with the smoothness on steep climbs and like the boost at WOT comes in handy on hill climbs. After using Novaks Goat systems for years am glad to see that they have added some programing options to this system.
diggerj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 12:40 PM   #7

looking to get a new system for my 1.9 scaler, looked at the Timbuk2 and the Crusher. I am leaning to the Crusher so that I can run my 3S packs. Right now I am running an old GTB and random 13.5 (just put in to get it on the road) I wanted to see if everyone is still liking the 18.5 Crusher systems they installed?
thanks
BCrumB4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 01:22 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

why not just replace the weak motors? if the esc's good why change it?
envious8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 01:58 PM   #9

that is a good idea, but I would like to get more breaking than the GTB gives or offers. I also robbed the GTB out of another one of my toy cars and it needs to go back..
Old 10-17-2013, 02:06 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

I can't imagine spending $200 on Novak... You could have a 3656sd and a mmp for that money.
Calderwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 09:03 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

I know they get a bad rap but I was never one to follow the pack. I like having something different than everyone else so when I went to get a crawler I wanted worm gears and a Novak because none of my buddy's did. I bought the Novak 3s with the 18.5 motor.I have burned out a couple FXRs, one SV3, 2 AE2s and an MMP but in all fairness they were all in scalers that got beat hard. My Novaks only problem was the on/off switch failed. It works perfect in my LNC right out of the box I adjusted nothing. After almost 3 years of running it I if it failed now I would probably buy another one just so I can have the only Novak sticker on my tool box. lol
xCoolHandLukex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 03:03 PM   #12
Rock Stacker

I recevieved mine and can say it's basically the same as the timbuk 2 although can't really give ya a full rundown on how everything is since I will be having to send it back due to failure of having reverse on it. All the functions look about the same tho, and looks like it could be a really awesome setup.
Creepy Krawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 12:21 PM   #13

I have read in a few places that the Novak Crawler ESC's wont allow for the crawler functions when not using a Novak Crawler Motor. Has any one heard or know any info on this? I am planing on getting the Crusher but not a Novak Motor. if this is the case I will look elsewhere. thank you
Old 01-10-2014, 12:37 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Novak Electronics :: Homepage

MOTOR COMPATIBILITY
The Crusher Brushless ESC is compatible with 540 and 550-size sensored brushless motors. To engage the instant reverse and additional crawling mode features, a Novak crawling motor such as the Ballistic Crawler is needed. Refer to the specifications for motor turn limit and additional motor detail.
Odd-M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 03:52 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odd-M View Post
Novak Electronics :: Homepage

MOTOR COMPATIBILITY
The Crusher Brushless ESC is compatible with 540 and 550-size sensored brushless motors. To engage the instant reverse and additional crawling mode features, a Novak crawling motor such as the Ballistic Crawler is needed. Refer to the specifications for motor turn limit and additional motor detail.

thank you, that is what I have heard. well back to the drawing board.

Novak Crucher Rock Crawler Brushless Systems - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Brushless systems for Comp Crawler? suggestions? Goomone Team Losi Comp Crawler 30 06-03-2010 02:07 PM
TCS - Novak Goat Crawler Systems in stock @ TCScrawlers.com - The Crawler Store kevinlongisland Vendors Market 0 09-14-2007 09:34 AM