Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Wiring a rx pack for dual servos.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2006, 11:53 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Question Wiring a rx pack for dual servos.

I'm running 2 towerpro's on my Clod and would like to add a rx pack. Other than mounting them to the front axle, how or what is the best way to tie the batts into the rx? Should I just run a wire from the mounted packs to the rx into the bec slot? I want my extra cells for both sets of servos so keep that in mind.

Am I to understand that both servo's will get enough power with a single pack hooked up to the bec or will I have to install 2 seperate packs for both?
minijosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-20-2006, 03:19 AM   #2

usually 1 pack should do it . just put a switch in line as well , since there wont be any on/off without it( servo's will constantly have power ) .
jrizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 02:11 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Someone chime in if i'm wrong but i think you also have to disconnect the red wire where the esc plugs into the rx. if not, you'll be sending alot of power to the rx and possibly burn it up. Atleast that's how i have both of my crawlers wired. my clod has 2 hitec 5995's and works great.
Hoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 02:17 PM   #4
RCC Addict

i have tested some MG995 servos
they want no more than 2.1 amps loaded

and they like 7.2V
torque 120Ncm @4.8V
170Ncm @6V
and 210Ncm @7.2V
EGRESSor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 02:56 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

So it will be like this,
1 batt pack with 2 sets of reds and blacks coming out and attaching straight into the red and black of the servo's before they reach the rx or should I just plug the 6 volt pack into the rx and let it sort out the extra power?
minijosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 06:34 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

I would like to know also ,I am running a novak super duty with twin 55t's and a 5955 up front and a 645 in the rear.I run two 3000 bats hooked to the esc.So I can just hook up another rx pack to the esc where the extra unused plug goes?I asume this will add more power to the whole mix instead of the two batteries I have supplying all the juice to motors,esc and servos.somebody explain this [please,pics would be great or a simple drawing if you have.Thanks

Last edited by FiremanJim; 12-23-2006 at 07:52 PM.
FiremanJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 07:24 PM   #7
Keep it real

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiremanJim
I would like to know also ,I am running a novak super duty with twin 55t's and a 5995 up front and a 645 in the rear.I run two 3000 bats hooked to the esc.So I can just hook up another rx pack to the esc where the extra unused plug goes?I asume this will add more power to the whole mix instead of the two batteries I have supplying all the juice to motors,esc and servos.somebody explain this [please,pics would be great or a simple drawing if you have.Thanks
If you plug your rx pack into the BAT slot on your RECEIVER, you need to leave your esc switch turned off. If you have the instruction manual for your super duty, look on the back page where it says "Using a receiver batttery pack". The rx pack will power only your servos and your main batteries will power your motors. The unused plug on your esc is for the optional cooling fan to hook to.
Tanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 07:51 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

thanks I will get on that tomorrow
FiremanJim is offline   Reply With Quote