Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Good ESC For out runner motor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2019, 10:11 AM   #21

Default Re: Good ESC For out runner motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mewalsh100 View Post
Mamba-X or BLE. I'm running a HH 1800KV Revolver with a Mamba-X and It's a sweet set up. The new drag brake ramping feature with the Mamba/Castle is worth the price of admission.
In what vehicle? I'm running the same combo in my TRX-4 Sport Kit and I'm getting cogging and the drag brake is impossibly strong even at 0.5%! Do you mind sharing your ESC settings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browneye View Post
Seems Jato must have had difficulty getting this part working. [shrug]
I wonder if he tried the castle-link thingy.
Yes, I have a Castle Link and programmed the ESC to John Holmes' YouTube settings.

I'm still trying to get rid of the cogging and overly strong drag brake.

Drag brake ramping is a very cool feature, but it only seems to work when letting off the throttle from full speed. It slowly applies the drag brake so you don't do endos.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2019, 11:46 AM   #22
RCC Addict

I thought a drag brake was supposed to hold. [shrug]
Browneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 11:57 AM   #23
RCC Addict

The drag brake ramp is the key. I have my 1800kv Revolver running 100% drag brake, and whatever the middle of the road ramp setting was (actually, I may have it set to "fast" now?), and it's very controllable from any speed. I can creep over a ledge and let the car hang off the edge by just the rear tires now, without having to worry about the drag brake coming on too quickly which would initiate a slide.

I've read about people running very low drag brake force (10-20%) with the Revolver, but for me, the strong brake was one of the biggest selling points. The slower engagement of the brake (using the ramp feature) lets me utilize all that holding power.

It's not only noticeable going downhill either. When giving bursts of throttle to try to bump the car out/over a bind, you can hear it wind down when lifting back off the throttle. It almost sounds like when a slipper clutch breaks loose, as if it lets everything coast down to speed for 1/2 a second... like rpm matching during a downshift. I notice this benefit regularly as it prevents most of those moments that normally make me cringe just waiting for an axle to pop.
TheLetterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 12:01 PM   #24
Rock Crawler

I guess it's appropriate for me to post in this four year old thread, since I posted in it originally, and now have a bit of a follow up to contribute. Here's a sort of before/after video series involving the Turnigy D3542 1250KV sensorless brushless outrunner, being powered by a Castle SW3(back in 2015) and then by an SW4, current date!

2015(w/Castle SW3)

2019(w/Castle SW4)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Last edited by johnnyluv; 03-28-2019 at 12:10 PM. Reason: Corrected video links
johnnyluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 03:05 PM   #25
I wanna be Dave

All I can say is I love how the Revolver has really come into its own with the newest Castle ESC's...

Give them at least 3S, if not 4S and they will treat you right.

I definitely don't regret selling my PP 2200 and installing the 1800kv Revolver in its place.

The Mamba X with the Aux wire feature on the 3rd channel of my GT3C gives me all the control over my admittedly heavy Bomber that I could ever want.

The oversized stainless JEC Racing links, stainless beef-tubes, and stainless belly-pan from AMF Racing all make for a great low-speed crawler that smoothly slides over nearly all obstacles...yet still hops like a crazed kangaroo when the hammer's laid down!

Last edited by durok; 03-28-2019 at 03:08 PM.
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 06:24 AM   #26

The motors were good but the ESC performance is not as expected but all are came with bullet connectors.
barrysingh102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 05:27 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithclarkson01 View Post
Bump this thread every time you spend $100 or more on RC Car(s)/Truck(s), parts, mods, chargers, batteries, etc.- either a car or truck or something to 9Apps VidMate VLC make your car or truck go, turn or stop. Anything that makes an RC car/truck go that adds up to over $100. Tell us what you bought and how much you spent over $100.spicemoney.win | paymanager.win |tumangaonline.win
No reply man..???

Last edited by smithclarkson001; 07-11-2021 at 10:05 AM.
smithclarkson001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 06:40 PM   #28
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithclarkson001 View Post
No reply man..???
Doesn't sound tech related to me

You can try this thread Pics of your latest purchase . There are "what did you do to your ____ Today" threads in the subforums as well that seem to be updated regularly.
Joshs4x4toyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 12:01 PM   #29

The motors were good but the ESC performance is not as expected but all are came with bullet connectors.

shareit app vidmate Vidmate apk
nirvanausual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 09:55 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithclarkson01 View Post
Bump this thread every time you spend $100 or more on RC Car(s)/Truck(s), parts, mods, chargers, batteries, etc.- either a car or truck or something to make your car or truck go, turn or stop. Anything that makes an RC car/truck go that adds up to over $100. Tell us what you bought and how much you spent over $100. https://vidmateapp.win https://vidmateapp.win/vidmate-2014/ https://tataindicombroadband.in

nice , been there done that.

Last edited by smithclarkson001; 07-11-2021 at 10:03 AM.
smithclarkson001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Good ESC For out runner motor - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Good motor and esc for grade r1 raynman G-Made Crawlers 5 01-07-2015 12:30 PM
will this esc and motor be good in the kit vito Axial Wraith 7 12-07-2011 10:11 PM
good motor to use with mamba esc avengersteve Electronics 7 11-18-2009 10:08 AM
If your looking for a good motor/esc set... Pete720 HPI Wheely King 3 02-15-2009 12:41 AM
older esc anyoen try these LRP RUNNER PLUS ESC W/ REVERSE rockwerks Electronics 9 08-16-2006 11:03 PM