Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: HiTec Aggressor SRX?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2006, 09:02 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default HiTec Aggressor SRX?

Couldn't find any info on this TX/RX with a search, so I started a thread.

Does anyone have one/use one? Thoughts? Opinions?

http://www.hitecrcd.com/Support/Manu...AL%20FINAL.pdf

"The new Aggressor SRX three channel FM computer radio offers drivers 10 model memories, a third channel (shift or linear), and the flexibility of the optional Spectra synthesized module. With its feature rich software and affordable price, the SRX sets itself apart from the competition. "

A) Radio Features
- Ergonomically Designed 3-Channel Pistol Grip FM Computer Radio System
- Multi-Pixel LCD Display
- Removable Module for Easy Channel Changing (Spectra Compatible)
- Dual Rate Steering (Adjustable on the Fly)
- Brake ATL Switch (Adjustable Travel Length)
- Brake Lever Travel Limiter
- Steering Wheel Tension Adjustment
- Digital Trims
- Trim Center Audible Verification
- Third Channel "Shifting" Button
- Third Channel "Linear" Digital Trim

- Foam Steering Wheel for Comfortable Control
- Transmitter Charging Jack for Optional Rechargeable Batteries
- Green RF (Radio Frequency) Indicator Light
- Two-Speed Menu Scrolling
- Transmitter Low Battery Alarm
B) Programmable Features
- Model Naming (4 Characters)
- Model Select (10 models)
- Sub-Trims
- Ch #3 Switch Set (Shift or Linear)
- End Point Adjustment (EPA)
- Exponential Travel (Steering and Throttle)
- Timer
- Servo Reversing
- Model Reset (Factory Default)

From looking for a good radio for my High Lift, I have found myself eyeing this thing very closely, but wanted to hear of any comments before I ordered.
Attached Images

Robb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-2006, 09:08 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

I actually just got one for Christmas...And I have to say I like it...Its easy to use, has uber sweet features and the thumb button third channel is easy to access...Plus its spektrum upgradable.

I paid $132.00 with the 645mh servo...
k9popo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 09:10 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9popo
I actually just got one for Christmas...And I have to say I like it...Its easy to use, has uber sweet features and the thumb button third channel is easy to access...Plus its spektrum upgradable.

I paid $132.00 with the 645mh servo...
Do you know which "kit" you received? The only ones I can find with 645s are 75mhz. The 27mhz models seem to only come with a standard servo, if any at all.
Old 12-27-2006, 09:17 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Mine is 75mhz...
Old 12-27-2006, 09:28 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9popo
Mine is 75mhz...
Sorry about that..................I always tend to think of 75mhz as aircraft only. I get 72 and 75 mixed up.

$132 is a helluva deal with the 645!!!

I am looking at the standard version for about $110, but if I can add on a 645 for another $20-$25, I will go that route.
Old 12-27-2006, 09:36 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

My LHS guy gives me hella good deals...He said he has more to "play" with the radio with the servo than the servo alone...

I got hooked up. Hope you like it.

Adam
Old 12-27-2006, 09:58 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Well, with a $10 coupon, I have one being shipped for $142, so not too bad.

Thanks for the info k9popo!!!
Old 12-28-2006, 05:58 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Its like getting a free 645..
Old 12-28-2006, 01:45 PM   #9

i saw this post and checked out the controller but i have a question. might sound stupid to you guys but im still kinda green on this stuff. any who, say i want to use this controller to operate my 3 r.c's. do i have to get a different reciever for the models or can i just input what ever frequency the crystal is into the controller. ive never used a multi-model controller before.
85burbanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 01:18 AM   #10
Rock Stacker

How is the thumb controls set up for the third channel? there a 3 position switch or anything? It's kind of hard to see the details from the pics I've seen.
TomC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 08:41 AM   #11
Rock Crawler

I was wondering about the 3rd channel as well. From looking a the manual it looks to switch between 100% one way to 100% the other way, which would be fine for a dig, but what about using it for rear steering? Would it work well for that?

Thanks!
todd1803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 09:33 PM   #12
RCC Addict

Just bumping this to see if anyone has used an SRX with the "Spectra" module that HiTec offers for it? The Spectra module allows the TX to use any of the 30 available channels on 75mhz. Doesn't quite offer the limitlessness of Spektrum, but eliminates crystals and would allow you to run without any [reasonable] chance of crossing freqs. Just wanted to get some feedback on how well it works from any that have used it before I place the order.

Also, to answer the two questions above. The SRX can be set up to use two different means of 3rd channel control, shift or linear (and you can set up different models to use either). Both means of control are installed on the TX.

The linear function is controlled via a thumbwheel, and allows the 3rd channel to be adjusted to any point along a -100 - +100 line. This would be the more appropriate mode for rear steering, allowing for the rear wheels to be placed in any position desired.............with the only drawback being that the thumbwheel isn't self centering. With some modification, which I may attempt in the future, this circuit should be relatively easy to swap over to a self-centering pot.

The shift mode is controlled by a one-way, momentary switch. Basically, you push the switch forward, and the 3rd channel moves to one end of it's predetermined line, you push the switch forward again, the 3rd channel moves to the other end of it's line. The exact ends of it's travel line can be adjusted via the 3rd channel EPA. This would be the more appropriate mode for running dig, whether it be shifting a servo on a shaft, or shifting a servo switching a switch (Clod).

Last edited by Robb; 02-07-2008 at 09:36 PM.
Old 02-08-2008, 05:06 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

robb i have a hitec CRXnot sure what the diff is but mine has the spectra module and have not had any problems with it. I just pick a channel set the rx the same,with most guys using the traxxas tx I'll not have any probs crawling and at the track (with the tmaxx) most guys are running spectrum stuff no problems there. I bought my radio used with 3 novak xxtra rx for $100, so now I only have to worry about one tx and just pick with ever model I'm going to run. One the crx the thumb wheel is used for steering dual rate, to dial in the steering rate in with channel 1, not sure it has any effect on ch 3
allgm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 12:05 AM   #14
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85burbanator View Post
i saw this post and checked out the controller but i have a question. might sound stupid to you guys but im still kinda green on this stuff. any who, say i want to use this controller to operate my 3 r.c's. do i have to get a different reciever for the models or can i just input what ever frequency the crystal is into the controller. ive never used a multi-model controller before.
- Model Select (10 models)
tuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 02:14 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb View Post
The linear function is controlled via a thumbwheel, and allows the 3rd channel to be adjusted to any point along a -100 - +100 line. This would be the more appropriate mode for rear steering, allowing for the rear wheels to be placed in any position desired.............with the only drawback being that the thumbwheel isn't self centering. With some modification, which I may attempt in the future, this circuit should be relatively easy to swap over to a self-centering pot.

The shift mode is controlled by a one-way, momentary switch. Basically, you push the switch forward, and the 3rd channel moves to one end of it's predetermined line, you push the switch forward again, the 3rd channel moves to the other end of it's line. The exact ends of it's travel line can be adjusted via the 3rd channel EPA. This would be the more appropriate mode for running dig, whether it be shifting a servo on a shaft, or shifting a servo switching a switch (Clod).
So it is 3 position? Could you have 4wd, neutral, and lock?
RXcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 09:39 AM   #16

Sounds, from Rob's post, that if you use the linear function, you can achieve 4WD / 2WD / Dig with this radio. Easiest way, I would guess, is to set the "0 point" at disconnect (2WD) from there, roll roll the thumbswitch to the 4WD position, and note the setting (ex. -20) then roll the thumbswitch to Dig and note the setting there. The two settings you get will give you the 4WD and Dig settings, knowing that 0 is 2WD.
thenewguy821 is offline   Reply With Quote