Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: custom battery packs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2006, 09:19 PM   #1

Default custom battery packs

being new to the hobby and doing my best to stay away from anything electrical most of my life i have very little experience soldering and such. that being said im looking to get some information and tips on building my own or i just may give up and buy one.

ive read about lipo and it seems that you get the same power in a smaller package, the only thing is the money to get a decent charger and such. so i think im going to stick with the nimh. currently im getting about 45mins of runtime and id like to stick with that if possible.

from what i have read cheapbatterypacks.com seem to popular and well recommended around here. what i dont understand is all the different types of batteries they offer. right now im using a battery i got for my rustler. but am having a hard time mounting it and really like this kind of setup.

heres what i currently got for a charger and battery
mobil1syn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2006, 09:54 PM   #2

well if you want to mount your battery like that you will need to buy the cells, battery bars, solder, a soldering iron, the plugs (get deans plugs btw, MUCH better than tamiya plugs), and wire. it should be fairly easy to find a soldering guide/tutorial on google, just remember dont hold the soldering iron on the cell for more than a few seconds or it could damage the cell.
redrum_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 10:09 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

We need more details about your truck.

But from what I've read your not comfortable with building your own batterys. I would deffinately have CBP build you a pack. Most of the time they can get it done for less than what the cells will cost you at some other place, and you'll end up with a well built pack.
Highmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 10:23 PM   #4

sw2 tlt with a 55t lathe and an esc the lhs had on the shelf that was waterproof. i think it was for a boat. been workin well so far.

not comfortable because i dont know whats invovled. it doesnt appear to be difficult, but ive scewed myself before on stuff because of appearences.

Last edited by mobil1syn; 12-30-2006 at 10:26 PM.
Old 12-30-2006, 10:30 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

I can build anything you need man.... Just refer to: http://www.cheapbatterypacks.com/mai...gid=custompack and when you fill out all the info, select unknown for the config, and send that pic to shop@cheapbatterypacks.com with your order #. Use the Elite1500's and get the upgrade for strength. If you order before the 1st, it will be 20.70 all done with 4.50 shipping. After the 1st, the prices of some of the cells may go up. Hope that helps. Thanks
Chris_The_Battery_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 11:05 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_The_Battery_Man
I can build anything you need man.... Just refer to: http://www.cheapbatterypacks.com/mai...gid=custompack and when you fill out all the info, select unknown for the config, and send that pic to shop@cheapbatterypacks.com with your order #. Use the Elite1500's and get the upgrade for strength. If you order before the 1st, it will be 20.70 all done with 4.50 shipping. After the 1st, the prices of some of the cells may go up. Hope that helps. Thanks
thanks - ordered

Last edited by mobil1syn; 12-30-2006 at 11:33 PM.
Old 01-07-2007, 12:30 AM   #7

cbp is the real deal ... i ordered on the 30 and recieved the battery on the 6th ... 7 days and there was a holiday in there. top notch service fellas.

Old 01-07-2007, 02:25 AM   #8
RCC Addict

No doubt! I was gonna suggest CBP myself... I am very happy with my packs he made me.
BlueMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 11:45 AM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Default Cbp

I have used CBP for all my cells and packs for some time now. Luckly shipping only takes a day or two for me. Their shop is about 45min from my house.

No bad experiance yet. Seams like for the price might as well have them build it for you

TQ
tq_racing is offline   Reply With Quote