Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Moped problems?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2007, 07:46 PM   #1

Default Moped problems?

My moped is hooked up to one tamiya 27T motor and 1 tower-pro servo. The steering servo works great but the motor will not run. I have programed it many times and it fixes nothing I have also tried switching the plug around in the reciever, when I pull the throttle trigger the light goes out on the esc and when I hit reverse the light gets brighter. Every once in a while the motor will run but just for a moment or two, any ideas? Or is it just time to buy a real ESC?
Thanks
64DUECE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2007, 08:29 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64DUECE
My moped is hooked up to one tamiya 27T motor and 1 tower-pro servo. The steering servo works great but the motor will not run. I have programed it many times and it fixes nothing I have also tried switching the plug around in the reciever, when I pull the throttle trigger the light goes out on the esc and when I hit reverse the light gets brighter. Every once in a while the motor will run but just for a moment or two, any ideas? Or is it just time to buy a real ESC?
Thanks
Are you sure its the esc???? Or could there be trash in the motor, or did you program it right, you have to hold the tx in position when you press the button to set it. Press and hold till the light flashes, hold full throttle and press the button, hold full reverse and press the button. I use mopeds in all my comp rigs with no problems, it's a real esc, I beat quite a few brushlesses with them today.

Last edited by Kamikaze; 01-01-2007 at 08:31 PM.
Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 09:12 PM   #3

I tried another motor and it sort of works, sometimes it moves sometimes it doesn't, I also reprogramed it again. I know this is probobly another problem but when it gets like more than five feet away from the radio it just kind of twitches and I have zero control. It's a TQ3 with matching reciever and all my wiring is seperated and the anttena is comming straight up through a straw. Could something else be affecting my throttle control? It sort of works when it is really close but when it does run it gets like five feet away and freaks out and then nothing works.
Any ideas?
Thanks
64DUECE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 08:34 PM   #4

Check your crystals. Either might be loose or bad.
redneckracer1979 is offline   Reply With Quote