Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Spektrum dx6r dsmr smart radio system

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2016, 08:16 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Spektrum dx6r dsmr smart radio system

Spektrum DX6R 6-Channel DSMR Smart RC Surface Radio Transmitter System | SpektrumRC

Spektrum DX6R 6-Channel DSMR Smart RC Surface Radio Transmitter System | Horizon Hobby

Coming soon from Spektrum is the DX6R DSMR smart radio system. It offers an Andriod-powered full-colour touch screen, WiFi connectivity for firmware upgrades and Apps as well as 5.5ms frame rates, telemetry functions and Bluetooth model transfer. The wireless link also allows the use of FPV headsets, the ergonomics, including wheel angle and trigger settings, can be customised to the driver’s needs and the 250 model memory allows for more space than most modellers need. The 6-channel radio set includes SR6000T and SR2000 receivers, it comes with a LiIon battery with charging base and it supports AVC programming for compatible receivers.

Price: $499.99

Key Features
– Intuitive, full-colour, Android-powered touch screen
– WiFi connectivity for firmware updates and apps
– Built-In Telemetry
– Bluetooth model transfer for use with other DX6Rs
– Wireless link for compatible FPV headsets
– 5.5-millisecond frame rate with compatible receivers
– Superb ergonomics you can customise
– Voice alerts over speaker or through headphones
– 250-model memory
– AVC programming for compatible receivers
– Includes SR6000T and SR2000 receivers
– Long-lasting Li-Ion battery with charging base
– EN328 compatible

Overview

The DX6R smart radio will transform your driving experience. Touch-screen simplicity, WiFi connectivity, unbeatable DSMR® range and security, 5.5ms frame rates, telemetry, Bluetooth model transfer – you get it all and more..

Android-Powered Touch Screen or Scroller

You can literally 'tap' into the DX6R's programming features using an Android-powered, touch screen. Long-time Spektrum users who prefer the more tactile scrolling selector can use it. Whichever input you use, the big color display makes navigating menus and adjusting settings as easy as it gets.

WiFi Connection for Updates and Apps

When connected to WiFi, the DX6R gets even smarter. You can instantly make firmware and RaceWare™ updates, download model setups from other users and add approved third-party apps. The DX6R will even be able to alert you when new updates or setups become available.

Bluetooth Model Transfer

If you’re out driving with another DX6R owner, you can quickly and easily swap model setups via Bluetooth. No WiFi or SD card transfer necessary. Just link up and swap.

Built-In Telemetry

The built-in telemetry feature can give you real-time information on things like your vehicle's battery voltage, signal quality, motor temperature and more.* Using the voice alert system, you can program the DX6R to tell you when specific telemetry values reach or exceed limits you define. You can also have it call out a sequence of telemetry values on demand with the flip of a switch.

*Vehicle must be equipped with a telemetry-enabled receiver like the included SR6000T.

Frequency-Agile DSMR® Technology

The DX6R is built around frequency-agile, DSMR 2.4GHz technology. This exclusive Spektrum™ technology can be used in any type of surface application, including boats. Its range and response, particularly in noisy 2.4GHz environments, are superb. It's also backwards compatible with DSM2® and marine-specific Spektrum receivers. This means most longtime Spektrum users can continue to use the receivers they have. They’ll only need to upgrade if they want the frequency-agility of a DSMR receiver for busy 2.4GHz environments.

Superb Ergonomics

Optimized weight distribution and an abundance of adjustable features make it easy to customize the DX6R’s ergonomics to your driving style. You will enjoy a sense of balance and comfort that perfectly complements the precision of DSMR technology, especially during long racing heats.

Ergonomic features include:

Multiple wheel angle settings
Adjustable trigger and steering tension
Adjustable trigger position (fore-to-aft and side-to-side)
Left- or right-hand steering
Multiple drop-down options
Three grip sizes
Smooth, dual-ball bearing precision
Wireless Link for Spektrum FPV Headsets

This exclusive Spektrum technology makes it possible to link with specially-equipped Spektrum FPV headsets so you can wirelessly control head tracking or remotely change video frequencies.

5.5-Millisecond Frame Rate

When matched with a receiver capable of 5.5ms frame rates, the DX6R delivers lightning-fast response that gives new meaning to the word ‘connected’.

250-Model Memory

The enormous capacity of the DX6R’s on-board memory means you will rarely, if ever, need to juggle models between transmitter memory and your SD card.

Includes SR6000T Telemetry and SR2000 Race Receivers

You can take advantage of all six channels and telemetry functions with the included SR6000T. A tiny SR2000 Race Receiver capable of a 5.5-millisecond frame rate is also included.

Programmable Voice Alerts

Keep tabs on important information without ever taking your eyes off what you’re driving. With the programmable voice alert system, you can have the DX6R call out lap times or report telemetry information. If an alarm goes off, you won’t have to look at the display to see what’s happening. The DX6R will tell you.

In addition to a built-in speaker, the DX6R has a headphone jack that allows you to monitor voice alerts using earbuds so you don’t bother other drivers.

Programming Features

The DX6R comes with an impressive list of programming features, some of which include:

Up to 3 drive modes per model
AVC® programming for compatible receivers
Programmable mixes
7-Point throttle and steering curves
Voice alert programming
Dual rates and expo
And more!
Charging Base

You don’t have to remove the battery of plug in the transmitter when it comes time to recharge. The DX6R includes a handy charging base that doubles as a transmitter holder. Its compact footprint won’t clutter up your pit station or workbench either.

Last edited by AngelowDoom; 01-27-2016 at 08:54 AM.
AngelowDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2016, 08:46 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Spektrum dx6r dsmr smart radio system

Reciver for it on this link
Spektrum SR6000T 6-Channel DSMR Slim RC Surface Receiver with Integrated Telemetry | Horizon Hobby

Key Features

6-Channel DSMR® receiver with built-in telemetry
Data ports for voltage, temp and RPM sensors
Waterproof Reliakote™ coating protects electronics
LED 'hold' indicator to help you optimize receiver location
XBus port for additional sensors
Needed To Complete

Telemetry capable DSMR® transmitter
Overview

Making use of the telemetry functions in your DSMR® transmitter is easy with the SR6000T receiver. It comes equipped with a built-in telemetry module as well as data ports for voltage, temperature and RPM sensors. An XBus connection for additional sensors is also available.

The SR6000T is built around proven DSMR® technology that provides exceptional range and signal security in noisy 2.4GHz environments. Its circuitry is shielded from dirt and moisture by a waterproof Reliakote™ conformal coating.
AngelowDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 01:39 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

I. Need. This. Radio.
micro racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 06:08 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Sick
Bananaclip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 06:25 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Location: in a tree home atop a redwood tree on the corner of yonder and timbuktoo

Wow, and to think im still running 27mHz in some of my trucks
lil' bear 4wd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 07:26 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Got some good specs, some over kill. But andriod system is just badass. Expensive though. Then add extra receivers and sensors.
84yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 12:58 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84yoda View Post
Got some good specs, some over kill. But andriod system is just badass. Expensive though. Then add extra receivers and sensors.
Yeah, some of the bells and whistles are probably not necessary, but the abundance of almost useless options has become commonplace in some higher end radios.

Honestly, I don't think that the price is that bad for the features. Just compare it to a 4PX; the 4PX is two channels short, doesn't come with a rechargeable battery and charger/stand, the DX6r has a touchscreen (yes, there could be problems, but who knows until reviews start coming out), and the DX6r's model memory is enormous. Let's not forget that you get a 6 channel, telemetry-capable receiver AND an SR2000 racing RX. Oh yeah, the Spektrum is $50 less expensive on top of it all.

Personally, I don't think it looks all that great, but I will forgo that small issue if the reviews read like the "Features" page...

Besides all of the obvious features, I am most intrigued by the "3 drive modes per model." That seems interesting for Ultra 4 cars, where the throttle curve, braking curve, and steering exponential might be set differently depending on the style of course. It brings a whole new level of tuning for your electronics.
Old 01-28-2016, 05:29 PM   #8

When is it going to be available ?
bill mossor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 05:33 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Probably a month or two after the Nuremburg toy fair... I am not sure when that is though.
Old 01-28-2016, 06:00 PM   #10
Just jump it!

I wonder how many 3 position switches you can set up on it.......
rottenbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 02:38 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Now they just need to release a receiver that supports AVC , 2+ assignable channels and telemetry.
DenisLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 04:11 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

"Missles" I'm in LOL
hotwheels000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 02:28 PM   #13
Rock Stacker

So with this I assume you have a channel for throttle and one for steering and then with AVC you use up 2 more, leaving you with 2 for accessories?
BradyT88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 02:55 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyT88 View Post
So with this I assume you have a channel for throttle and one for steering and then with AVC you use up 2 more, leaving you with 2 for accessories?
Yes, I believe that was what Denis was hoping for as well.

I wonder if the SRS4210 will receive 6 channels but the current radios simply won't transmit? I mean, there are obviousy different circuits for the two current AUX channels, AVC control vs two AUX channels, so maybe the SRS4210 can receive both sets at the same time. Then I wouldn't need to buy two new receivers...
Old 01-30-2016, 04:59 PM   #15
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by micro racer View Post
Yes, I believe that was what Denis was hoping for as well.

I wonder if the SRS4210 will receive 6 channels but the current radios simply won't transmit? I mean, there are obviousy different circuits for the two current AUX channels, AVC control vs two AUX channels, so maybe the SRS4210 can receive both sets at the same time. Then I wouldn't need to buy two new receivers...
Dang... I didn't realize the SR6000T didn't support AVC...
BradyT88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 05:14 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

I wish that it did...

Since Spektrum has already brought out two new receivers that make specific use of the DX6r's new functionality, I would hope that a full 4 channel with AVC receiver is in the works.
Old 01-30-2016, 09:31 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Another new Spektrsglitch product …
Dwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 09:17 PM   #18
Pebble Pounder

I wonder if the backward compatibility is a lie like it is with the dx4s
danmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 09:21 PM   #19
Rock Crawler

All Spektrum radios were backwards compatible until January 2015. It isn't so much a lie but poor product description updates. The new manuals only say that they are compatible with DSM2 and DSMr.

Besides, if you actually read the DX6r's description/specs, it only says DSMr compatible.
Old 03-02-2016, 08:36 AM   #20
I wanna be Dave

This might be just what I've been waiting for to use with my Summit. I really like how easy it is to pick up a new Spektrum radio and just use it without going to the manual 100 times. I have friends with radios they've ran for months and still can't figure out how to do, what should be, the simplest tasks. The price is pretty steep albeit totally worth it I'm sure. Maybe Spektrum will do some kind of trade up sale like they have in the past. There's always RPP's coupon codes. I'll figure out someway to justify it.
SCREAMER is offline   Reply With Quote

Spektrum dx6r dsmr smart radio system - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Spektrum dx4s 4-ch dsmr radio system mp3ranger Electronics 14 06-01-2014 05:35 PM