Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Vaterra 2 speed tranny sevro help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2016, 07:37 PM   #1

Default Vaterra 2 speed tranny sevro help

I have a vaterra ascender that I just put a 2 speed transmission in from a vaterra twin hammer. Got it all in works fine bit it keeps killing the servo I'm using to shift from high to low gear. I have more than once checked the travel and the stop points and the are dead on. Just before it eat the servo it gets hot and is almost always got the low tone buzz if a out of adjustment servo. The shift servo is a hi-tec HS-225MG mighty mini that has burnt out. I have a DX4C spektum radio,steering servo savox SW-0231MG, ESC castle sidewinder3, castle 4pole 1406-1Y 4600KV motor, and a spectrum SRS4210avc receiver with the avc off. Any help would be great thanks.
evilmonkey454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2016, 06:36 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Vaterra 2 speed tranny sevro help

I think the trouble can only be the end points being set improperly. That causes the servo to keep pushing when it should be stopped.
Maybe someone else with DX4C experience can comment, but I am wondering if the end point adjustment wanders a bit?

Can you find a way to make a link between the servo and transmission that is flexible? Firm enough to ensure that the transmission stays in gear, but flexible enough that if the servo tries to push too far that the linkage will bend a little and not let the servo destroy itself.
heyok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 01:36 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

just take into account the srs4210 receiver is for purely digital servos, it operates at a much higher framerate and will kill non digital servos that cannot handle the framerate speed, it does make a note of that in the manual.

if your hitec servo is set correctly with endpoints then this could be the problem

tony
Awesome-Sauce RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 10:46 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesome-Sauce RC View Post
just take into account the srs4210 receiver is for purely digital servos, it operates at a much higher framerate and will kill non digital servos that cannot handle the framerate speed, it does make a note of that in the manual.

if your hitec servo is set correctly with endpoints then this could be the problem

tony
this is true. i had problems installing hitecs as i did not realize that some were analog. my digital radio would kill them in one run everytime..went to digital and everythings good.
WhatsInYourHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 04:04 PM   #5

Default Vaterra 2 speed tranny sevro help

I am having a similar issue. Except mine is happening all of the time. I recently bought a new 903wp servo and installed it. Before attaching the shift arms I turned it all on to see natural. The gear isn't moving, that I can visibly see, but the servo is noisy. I've confirmed mid and am well within the stops. All batteries are full charged.

I'm running a:

Spectrum DX5C with sr415 rx .

Quikrun crawler brushed ESC.

Traxxas 20T brushed motor.

Turnigy 4200mah 2c 7.4v Lipo.

Maybe digital buzz. Vs chatter. I've read it may be normal???

Last edited by m_brereton; 03-03-2018 at 04:17 PM.
m_brereton is offline   Reply With Quote