Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: 3Racing Winch parts help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2016, 05:07 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default 3Racing Winch parts help

I bought a 3Racing winch recently and mounted it up. It says I need a "Y-cable" in order to hook it up to the receiver. Where the heck can I find one or what is a good substitute (other than using a battery-I'll think about it)? Thanks
Wes S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2016, 05:28 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: 3Racing Winch parts help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes S. View Post
I bought a 3Racing winch recently and mounted it up. It says I need a "Y-cable" in order to hook it up to the receiver. Where the heck can I find one or what is a good substitute (other than using a battery-I'll think about it)? Thanks
What are you trying to split with a Y cable? Rx connector, jst connector, battery lead…? All of those Y cables are available from the same place anyway. Check eBay, LHS, amazon, RPP, Tower, basically anywhere you'd get anything else hobby related. I don't remember needing a splitter with that winch but I also use the HeyOk controllers and not the stock controller.
ElChupacabra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 06:56 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Heyok is the way to go

149 r/c worx team driver
snapon boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 07:16 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElChupacabra View Post
What are you trying to split with a Y cable? Rx connector, jst connector, battery lead…? All of those Y cables are available from the same place anyway. Check eBay, LHS, amazon, RPP, Tower, basically anywhere you'd get anything else hobby related. I don't remember needing a splitter with that winch but I also use the HeyOk controllers and not the stock controller.
I looked it up and it has two Tamiya female connectors and one male. Goes from the controller to the battery and ESC. Amazon and RPP don't have them, about to check Tower but doubt they will...
Wes S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 08:03 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes S. View Post
I looked it up and it has two Tamiya female connectors and one male. Goes from the controller to the battery and ESC. Amazon and RPP don't have them, about to check Tower but doubt they will...
Get a soldering iron instead and whatever connectors are going to make your life easier. You shouldn't be using Tamiya connectors on your rig anywhere for any reason. They're garbage. Or as mentioned before, just order the HeyOk 3Racing winch controller. It works awesome.
ElChupacabra is offline   Reply With Quote

3Racing Winch parts help - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Commando Winch System & 3Racing winch motor upgrade! Locked Up Locked Up RC 17 03-27-2015 08:09 AM
Commando Winch System & 3Racing winch motor upgrade! Locked Up Vendors Electronics 1 11-04-2014 07:59 AM