Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Futaba 4px question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2016, 03:03 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Futaba 4px question

I am needing to decide if I'll take another 4pls or upgrade to a 4px.. But I would like to know if the 4px has the same stupid trigger the 4pls has? Or is the trigger adjustable like the spektrum dx4r pro? I recelty sold my dx4r pro, bought two 4pls's one which arrived with a bad throttle pot. When I tried the working 4pls out I just can't fit my finger in the trigger opening. or will I be stuck using a dremel to make the opening larger on either one?
Thank you
tnt-salvage is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-2016, 01:44 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Futaba 4px question

4PX is great but do you want to take such a nice radio like that into the field. I have an M12 and cringe when I use it in the field as i don't want to set it down or slip and fall with it in my hands. I use my M12 for touring car races so ill save it for that but will get a slightly cheaper MT4 cause it has the same features but is slower in latency.
triggerhapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 02:09 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I'm not to worried, I'll get a hard case for it and it's getting a wrap as well.
Old 10-04-2016, 02:22 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggerhapy View Post
4PX is great but do you want to take such a nice radio like that into the field. I have an M12 and cringe when I use it in the field as i don't want to set it down or slip and fall with it in my hands. I use my M12 for touring car races so ill save it for that but will get a slightly cheaper MT4 cause it has the same features but is slower in latency.
Meh, I would be more worried about getting my radio knocked off the pit table or dropping it off the driver's stand. Try not to think about that at the next race.

I've used a M12 for years on my crawlers, it is no worse for wear than any other radio it's age.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 06:13 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I had a 4pls for 3 years and loved every second of ownership. Recently I sold it and upgraded to a 4PX. I mainly did this to see if I could get more range for use with my speed run cars. However it didn't change at all. I will tell you the trigger is adjustable! Both position and tension. Also many people sell aftermarket triggers. I also find setting up the radio is much more intuitive. Hope this helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnt-salvage View Post
I am needing to decide if I'll take another 4pls or upgrade to a 4px.. But I would like to know if the 4px has the same stupid trigger the 4pls has? Or is the trigger adjustable like the spektrum dx4r pro? I recelty sold my dx4r pro, bought two 4pls's one which arrived with a bad throttle pot. When I tried the working 4pls out I just can't fit my finger in the trigger opening. or will I be stuck using a dremel to make the opening larger on either one?
Thank you

Last edited by Lanky; 10-11-2016 at 06:21 PM.
Lanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 07:28 PM   #6

If you only run scale/crawler, I would stick to the 4pl, the 4px offers a few more options and over double the price. Futaba is coming out with the 4pv which is a much better option than both, Its a cross between the 4px with a lower price closer to the 4pl. That is if you can wait. Hope this helps.
TX'n Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 10:04 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Thanks for the help guys, the 4px is on its way here. The cost was not the issue. I could have cut the trigger on the 4pls but didn't want to void any warranty for what ever reason. I also have a losi 5ive but 90% of the use will be MOA. So not out in the rain or mud often or at all.
Old 10-12-2016, 07:52 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnt-salvage View Post
Thanks for the help guys, the 4px is on its way here. The cost was not the issue. I could have cut the trigger on the 4pls but didn't want to void any warranty for what ever reason. I also have a losi 5ive but 90% of the use will be MOA. So not out in the rain or mud often or at all.

You wont regret the 4PX. The extremely intuitive Menu system is worth the added cost. I am running Castle Telementry Link on a few of my cars and trucks, Voice alarms are very helpful(speed run application). I also love the rear chest button. On my crawler I use it for Front Dig on and off. Really nice feature I never knew I would use...
Lanky is offline   Reply With Quote

Futaba 4px question - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
futaba 4px vegas1973 Electronics 0 05-23-2016 01:07 PM
Futaba 4PX Battery Question darkstar Electronics 2 02-15-2015 10:39 AM