Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Magnetic Mayhem run time?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2005, 10:13 PM   #1
TEAM MODERATOR

Default Magnetic Mayhem run time?

I'm running a modded EVX,3000 mah battery,3.8 GD600,17t pinion,50t spur and Twin axles with Kongs. What kinda run times should I expect out of MM's. I know it should be better than stock cans but about how much. I know my huge pinion ain't helping any, I plan to get a smaller pinion pretty soon. I bought some lathe motors to boost my run times but am having a little trouble with them. Kinda thinking MM's would suit me better. From my searches I see the MM's will have a little more wheelspeed. The little I've run the lathe motors,I can see they are great,aside from my troubles,but I think I might be happier with a little faster motor. At the same time I don't want to go back to short run times.

If I can expect over 30 minutes,maybe closer to 45 mintes with the MM's I'll probly get them.

Thanks
Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2005, 10:35 PM   #2
RCC Addict

I know this isnt your situation, but I was getting aroudn 15-20 minutes with 9t pinions and MM's in my clod, so you should see 30 minutes I would think.
AdamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 11:00 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

If you want wheelspeed, why are you using the GD600?
diesel72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 12:51 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

you can change the timing on the lathe motor to get more speed
chafey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 07:22 PM   #5
PapaGriz Yo

I was getting about 30 minutes with MM's/9T's in my Clod with a 2400mAh NiCad, about 20 minutes with 2000 mAh NiCads.
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 08:13 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorman57
I'm running a modded EVX,3000 mah battery,3.8 GD600,17t pinion,50t spur and Twin axles with Kongs. What kinda run times should I expect out of MM's. I know it should be better than stock cans but about how much. I know my huge pinion ain't helping any, I plan to get a smaller pinion pretty soon. I bought some lathe motors to boost my run times but am having a little trouble with them. Kinda thinking MM's would suit me better. From my searches I see the MM's will have a little more wheelspeed. The little I've run the lathe motors,I can see they are great,aside from my troubles,but I think I might be happier with a little faster motor. At the same time I don't want to go back to short run times.

If I can expect over 30 minutes,maybe closer to 45 mintes with the MM's I'll probly get them.

Thanks
Dude the motors aren't expensive just get them. I just put one in my scale rig and it's great. The run time is a tad shorter than my lathe motor but not too bad.
rckjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 08:20 PM   #7
CSR
RCC Addict

I get around 20 minutes of run time with my TXT. Mag Mayhem on a 2.5:1 GD-600, 7-cell 1900Mah Nicd.
CSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 07:48 AM   #8
Colt Python/SR9c

can't tell ya for sure on the MM motors steve, but i run a lathe motor with my SR and i get 50-55 minutes runtime with a 3000 battery. if your running kongs, i would run the MM motor, specially with a gd-600. i barely have wheelspeed to turn my LST's. from when Adam was over here running his MM motors, they have alot more kick to them than a lathe
TwistedCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 07:32 PM   #9
TEAM MODERATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel72
If you want wheelspeed, why are you using the GD600?

The difference between with and without the GD600 is like night and day. WAY to drastic of a change. I'm lookin for just a touch more wheelspeed. Without the GD600 my Twin is WAY to fast to play in the rocks and get's about 8 to 10 minutes of runtime

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckjeep
Dude the motors aren't expensive just get them. I just put one in my scale rig and it's great. The run time is a tad shorter than my lathe motor but not too bad.

$20 is $20. I'd hate to throw a $20 down the toilet,wouldn't you? I was just wondering about what kinda difference I could expect before I made the decision to order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSR
I get around 20 minutes of run time with my TXT. Mag Mayhem on a 2.5:1 GD-600, 7-cell 1900Mah Nicd.

Thanks Chris. If your gettin 20 minutes from a 1900 mah battery with a higher geared reduction,surely I would be able to see 30-35 minutes from a 3000 mah battery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedCreations
can't tell ya for sure on the MM motors steve, but i run a lathe motor with my SR and i get 50-55 minutes runtime with a 3000 battery. if your running kongs, i would run the MM motor, specially with a gd-600. i barely have wheelspeed to turn my LST's. from when Adam was over here running his MM motors, they have alot more kick to them than a lathe

I think I've made my mind up. I'm gonna order 2 of the MM's tommorrow. My sons Twin might be a different story than mine. His will be quite a bit lighter and he's running LST's. Maybe the lathe's will suit his rig better. Only a few more things on his truck and we'll be able to test it out.

Thanks everyone for all the good info.
Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 04:07 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

I run mag mayhems in one of the clods with TT reduction boxes. With a 3300 Nimh pack I get close to an hour of run time. I'd say 30 to 45 minutes with a gd600 should be no problem.
Rockpiledriver is offline   Reply With Quote