Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Advantage of 2 pole motor over a 4 pole? And don't tell me it's RPMs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2017, 03:59 PM   #21
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Advantage of 2 pole motor over a 4 pole? And don't tell me it's RPMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
Putting the info in one location in a coherent manner is my hurdle. Always been an issue. It could be quite the large amount of information to sift.

Yep, you could expect 1.5 to 2 hours runtime on the same 2200 3s pack. That's what I get on slower rigs with that size battery.
How does a CrawlMaster 540 13t have the same wheel speed as a TorqueMaster 540 27t?
DeathVirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-2017, 05:19 PM   #22
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Default Re: Advantage of 2 pole motor over a 4 pole? And don't tell me it's RPMs

Different slot counts, both are two pole. Higher slot or pole count = lower turn for same speed. That is why four pole motors don't list the wind in many cases, it just confuses people
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 06:25 PM   #23
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Different slot counts, both are two pole. Higher slot or pole count = lower turn for same speed. That is why four pole motors don't list the wind in many cases, it just confuses people
So the two motors I listed are identical? But the CrawlMaster has slightly better low speed control and the TorqueMaster has slightly more power?
Old 10-11-2017, 06:38 PM   #24
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

They are pretty close in speed. Torquemaster makes more torque (less bogging down), crawlmaster is smoother on low speed power delivery.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 07:04 PM   #25
I wanna be Dave

Hey John, I hear you have some new products for comp rigs.
Any info on this? new motors?
tapped-out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 08:13 PM   #26
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
They are pretty close in speed. Torquemaster makes more torque (less bogging down), crawlmaster is smoother on low speed power delivery.
I purchased my RR10 Bonber to bridge the gap between the Wraith and the Yeti. In stock form I wasn't impressed but in brushless sensorless configuration with 2 speed transmission I'm enjoying it. I prefer it to a sensored system running stock transmission (2spd not usually needed with sensored systems) because of the crazy torque twist. The higher gear ratio I can use gives me low speed control, tons of drag brake, and limited torque twist in lo gear. When I want to go fast (14mph lo, 24mph hi gear) I can just upshift. No biggie

I'm considering something slower now. Something faster than my Traxxas Summit (16.9mph in high gear) so something around 20mph hopefully. I want my platform to be a "Wroncho" or a Wraith. I'm still deciding on the motor but I do like running in the 20mph range even for something more crawling oriented with some trail running ability.

It'll probably take me 2 months to decide on what motor to run like it did with the Bomber

I'm leaning towards either a TorqueMaster brushed or a TrailMaster brushless. I've had great success using a cheap hobbywing 2pole motor and I've heard your 2pole motors are even better than the other 2 pole motors. Any thoughts?

Last edited by DeathVirus; 10-11-2017 at 08:18 PM.
Old 10-15-2017, 01:07 PM   #27
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by E. Bryant View Post
Motors don't draw current at idle.
Sorry Let me state it as "no load draw"
Or the amount of draw under no load.
GLwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 01:33 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLwagon View Post
Sorry Let me state it as "no load draw"
Or the amount of draw under no load.
Thanks for the clarification
E. Bryant is offline   Reply With Quote

Advantage of 2 pole motor over a 4 pole? And don't tell me it's RPMs - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Holmes Hobbies 2 pole vs 4 pole brushless CoolRunning Electronics 1 02-13-2017 08:32 AM
2 pole 550 or a 4 pole 540 Druxus Electronics 16 08-09-2015 11:38 AM
4-Pole Rotor in a 2-Pole Motor? R/C Bashist Electronics 2 09-29-2014 09:03 AM
tekin redline gen2 2 pole or 4 pole gofaster427 Electronics 2 02-24-2013 05:22 PM