Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Fly Sky GT3B Receiver Question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2018, 06:06 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Fly Sky GT3B Receiver Question

I just got a Flysky GT3B to replace my Axial ax3 radio, and so I can use a winch controller. I have 4 things I have to plug in, the steering, throttle, BEC, and winch controller. The GT3B receiver has 4 plugins but is a 3 channel. I plugged everything in as I usually do. channel 1 steering, channel 2 throttle, channel 3 BEC. The ESC said there is no signal. I tried the winch controller in channel 3 and it worked and then plugged the BEC into a plug called vcc. The ESC said no signal after hitting the throttle, like before. Do I need to get a receiver with more channels? I am confused, please help!!
Thanks

Name:  20180110_202241.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  121.7 KB
Attached Images

bigwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2018, 06:32 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Fly Sky GT3B Receiver Question

It should be plugged in the same as your other receiver - white (or yellow) wires to the left pins, black to the right. The LED in the top right hole should also illuminate SOLID when bound to your gt3b. If it flashes it's not bound, if it's off then your BEC isn't supplying power. The winch controller should be plugged into the 2nd row of pins (from top-down in that pic), esc 3rd, steering 4th. Make sure your BEC has no wire on the left-most pin on that top port.
Hydrocarbon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 07:03 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydrocarbon92 View Post
It should be plugged in the same as your other receiver - white (or yellow) wires to the left pins, black to the right. The LED in the top right hole should also illuminate SOLID when bound to your gt3b. If it flashes it's not bound, if it's off then your BEC isn't supplying power. The winch controller should be plugged into the 2nd row of pins (from top-down in that pic), esc 3rd, steering 4th. Make sure your BEC has no wire on the left-most pin on that top port.
I've never had a problem leaving my signal wire plugged in on BEC to my GT3Bs. I assumed the BEC wasn't giving out a signal to even have an issue.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 07:13 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Hey guys thanks so much for the help. I think it might have been a low voltage Lipo. I'm waiting for it to charge then I'll try everything.
Old 01-11-2018, 05:39 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Hey guys, after charging my battery to 40% I tried everything again and everything worked. Ill try it again today with 100%.

I have another question. I would like to have lights to plugin to my receiver. Witch plug do I plug it into? I have a y connector.

Thanks
Old 01-11-2018, 07:20 AM   #6

You can plug it into any port using the Y-connector. I usually try to avoid using my steering & esc ports, even though it really doesn't matter. You're only sharing the power, not the signal, and since those power pins are all tied together on the receiver's board, it becomes irrelevant.

That said, since you have the GT3B, if you do the hack to get more channels, you can get a new receiver and you'll be able to control the lights with your controller.
Jim85IROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 09:05 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

It's worth mentioning, that you should remove the ESC red power wire. Mixing a external BEC and the BEC from an ESC will give you problems. I didn't see you mention that you removed that.
robertjpjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 09:30 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

The 6ch FS-iA6B and 8ch FS-R9B both work with that radio when hacked. Then you have plenty of ports to stick LED's into.
Hydrocarbon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 05:13 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertjpjr View Post
It's worth mentioning, that you should remove the ESC red power wire. Mixing a external BEC and the BEC from an ESC will give you problems. I didn't see you mention that you removed that.
I have done that.
Old 01-11-2018, 05:14 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

hey guys, after testing it with a full battery everything works. Thanks for all the help.

Fly Sky GT3B Receiver Question - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fly Sky FS-GT3B 2006Shelby Electronics 9 01-16-2012 10:41 AM