Old 02-19-2005, 04:13 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Battery options

Truck specs:

Emaxx hybrid axles w/ Rockraider chassis
EVX
Single motor & battery mod
Lathe motor

Obviously I want to run a single battery and the one I have now, doesn't cut it. What type, brand, etc to you guys recommend. Can I run more than 6 cells with the EVX and lathe motor and if so, how many? I don't have a problem with buying cells and soldering them together either if thats the way to go.

Also, my charger is a Dynamite Twin Peak.

Any links would be helpful too.

**Did some searching and found these in another post
http://www.amondotech.com/index.asp?...ROD&ProdID=531

Thanks

Last edited by crawlmaxx; 02-19-2005 at 05:31 PM.
crawlmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2005, 07:39 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

from what ive read you can set up the evx to run 14.4volts...16.8v is the absolute max tho
cborrowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 08:10 AM   #3
TEAM MODERATOR

What kinda batteries you running? Chances are they would work if you had a better charger. I was using a Dynamite Twin Peak and thought my batteries were junk also. They were Team Orion 3000 rocket packs. IMHO the Dynamite Twin Peak is garbage. I bought an Integy 16x4 charger and the battiers came to life. This charger has never given me a false peak. With this one,I can now cycle my batteries to erase memory,this has proven VERY effective. One time after I cycled a battery it ran an extra 10 minutes than before the cycle.

I would highly recommend looking into a better charger. I would at least get one that will allow you to cycle the batteries to erase memory. I believe that this is a very important feature to maintenance your batteries and get more life out of them,run time and the amount of run times you can get from them.
Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 08:19 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

I run a setup somewhat similar to yours (although I use an XRS instead of the EVX) and the batteries I use are: 7.4V (6 Cell) GP3300's. I get all my packs from http://www.cheapbatterypacks.com .

I get quite a bit of run time and torque with these packs on my setup.
WRMorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 12:00 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

My packs are Dreadnaught 3000 by Epic. They came with the EVX when I bought it off ebay. One of those kill two birds with one stone but soon to find out one pack won't charge and the other seems to be crappy. I think I will try and charge the batteries with a different charger I have laying around....one of those 4hr simple wall chargers and see if they are any better.

Thanks
Old 02-20-2005, 06:25 PM   #6
TEAM MODERATOR

That might work and might tell you that your false peak charger is junk. Then again it may not. You got your stuff off Ebay right,was it new or used? If it was used you don't really know how long these batteries have been in use. My point is,they could have bad memory build up. I'm not excatly sure how to explain it. I know though that after a battery is charged and discharged repeadidly(sp) they will build up memory. This is very bad for performance. As far as I know,the only way to get rid of this memory is to use a charger that can cycle the battery to erase memory. You might be able to cycle the batteries and they might be kick ass batteries.

One thing I learned the hard way in this hobby is,having a good charger and good batteries will,in the end, save you money and be ALOT more fun. If it were me,I'd pony up for a top notch charger. Then try and cycle your batteries,they'll probly come back to life and work great.
Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 09:41 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

I purchased everything new, batteries and EVX.

Thanks for the help. Do you have any suggestions on chargers other than the one you mentioned above? Nothing against that particular charger, I'm going to look into it, I just like options.

Thanks again