Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Jx-servo performance

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2018, 05:32 PM   #1

Default Jx-servo performance

Hey guys I need some input. I picked up a couple JX servos from banggood. They are the jx 46 kg high voltage metal gear metal case. I haven't put them in anything yet. I usually run savox or Hi Tec 7955s. How will these jx stack up in comparison? Should I have high hopes?
codeyd92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2018, 05:35 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Jx-servo performance

Lol i did the same picked one up and everyone bashed it saying theyre garbage i dunno i got about 30hrs into it and no issues other then ona 13lb rig it crushed a servo arm and wrecked the ball ends in the steering arm lmao and watch that servo needs 3 or 4s appearently im running 3s with a flysky and a mamba x and a glitch buster seems to work fine
Quote:
Originally Posted by codeyd92 View Post
Hey guys I need some input. I picked up a couple JX servos from banggood. They are the jx 46 kg high voltage metal gear metal case. I haven't put them in anything yet. I usually run savox or Hi Tec 7955s. How will these jx stack up in comparison? Should I have high hopes?
Sent from my LG-M703 using Tapatalk
jokersinsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 05:37 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Theres the pics

Sent from my LG-M703 using Tapatalk
jokersinsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 05:39 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

have read threw the "what the newest cheap servo hotness" forum post/thread? What the newest cheap servo hotness?

jcanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 05:52 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

I picked up one of the BLS 12V JX servos when they were first released, haven't put it in a rig yet - it is a backup for my HH SHV500, because they will both run directly from the 3S.

Did you get the Brushless (BLS) or the Coreless (CLS)?

At least one person had the metal gears strip out rather quickly...

JRH said it MAY be possible that his SHV500 v.1 gearset could work as a replacement if that happens.

Here's his quote from the other thread:

"JX servo is a bit of unfortunate circumstance for me. They are a former employee of my OEM, took the engineering work I did on the 12v servos and started JX. Not surprising that they are using cheaper gear and pin materials though, that is standard china practice to make things as cheaply as possible but look like the "quality" knockoff. I can see plainly that they took the entire design from the V1, which had enough flaws to warrant a V2. There is also a "new" 12v servo on the block that JX is supplying. Good luck buddy, I already know what your failure rate is going to be. Better be prepared to lose your shirt or piss off a lot of people. Even my own OEM had some choice words about the quality of JX, and you know it is bad when a chinese company is talking crap about quality.

My v1 gearset should drop into the JX case. If anybody wants affordable gears, give them a shot. I'll refund your money if they don't fit. Most likely, your case is already too damaged to avoid further gear issues though."
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 07:56 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

I bought the same servo it fried my momba monster x esc and smoked a bunch of wires when i took it appart one ofnthe chips was touching the case the foam peice was placed in the wrong place i would take it apart before use to make sure it isent grounding out internaly and test it with electronics your not very atatched to

I think they would be ok if they dident ground out

Last edited by ferp420; 06-27-2018 at 07:58 AM.
ferp420 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 09:43 AM   #7

Thanks for all the feedback guys. Thanks for the heads up ferp420. I will definitely open them up and check them before I run them
codeyd92 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jx-servo performance - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Performance wsmb General Crawlers 4 01-13-2016 08:02 PM
What next for performance? Ssteve Axial SCX-10 14 05-20-2014 03:06 PM
Twister High Performance Waterproof Servo 4WD Electronics 5 01-07-2013 09:27 PM
Performance FesterUK General Scale Talk 2 05-17-2012 12:59 PM
Hitec 5955 servo heats up, loss performance DirtNap Electronics 11 02-23-2007 10:48 AM