Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Wheely King current draw?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2007, 11:02 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Wheely King current draw?

I got my wheely king in the other day. Looking to convert it over to a good all around truck. At home on the rocks, decent top end to get a little jumping and bashing action in and have some torque for good climbing.

I have a 2S 20c 1500mah lipo laying around doing nothing. Will this battery have the power to supply that stock 27t motor? Would it have the power to supply a better motor?

If it can't what would be a good lipo to run? I am running them in my rc18t and love the power output and weight savings.

Here is a video of my wheely king speed run. Got it up to 13mph before the death wobble set in. I'll have to make a new run when I have time.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v4...WKspeedrun.flv
NickRummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2007, 11:05 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Thats funny. Treadmill.. I have buddy that works at the LHS that put a good brushless set up in his. Clocked it at 40mph.
run2jeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 11:10 AM   #3
RCC Addict

he must have done a bit of modding to get it to handle 40mph huh?

This is my first shafty truck. I built a crawler a while back using clod axles and have always wanted something like this. I just don't want an all out crawler this time around.

I was reading this write up on some motors that were dyno'd. The 20t traxxas motor only pulled 1.94a. I take it this is without a load on it? the lipo I have can supply 30a continuos.

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20761

Last edited by NickRummy; 02-14-2007 at 11:26 AM.
Old 02-14-2007, 11:32 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Looks like you have a bent out-drive on yer rear right, dude... The wheel has a slight wobble in it and the rear end bounces... Might wanna check that out...
DaViolentOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 11:36 AM   #5
RCC Addict

This is a basher, not an onroad racer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaViolentOne
Looks like you have a bent out-drive on yer rear right, dude... The wheel has a slight wobble in it and the rear end bounces... Might wanna check that out...
Old 02-19-2007, 06:59 AM   #6
RCC Addict

I'm waiting for 4wd parts to get here for it and after seeing that the fuse in the ESC was rated at 30A figured it would be safe to run the lipo pack since its rated at 30A continuos. The only thing I'll have to watch out for is not having the auto shut off at 6v like the M25 in the RC18.

So swapped out the stock tamiya plugs for deans to match my lipo, made a foam battery pack cradle so that the small lipo would fit snuggly where the stock nicd stick pack went and turned on the speed control.

HOLY CRAP! I HAVE to get some videos and pics. It's a whole new truck. The battery pack lightened it up a TON and the torque and speed has improved so much. You think it wheelies good before? From a dead stop it'll wheely, hit the wheely bar and bring all the tires up off the ground. If I drop a lathe in it now and get that battery up front I think it will be perfect.