Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Dx5 rugged and trx4...not enough channels

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2021, 01:38 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Dx5 rugged and trx4...not enough channels

Well I never pulled the traxxas receiver till today when I went to install my dx5 rugged. Apparently the traxxas is a 5channel NOT a four channel, so now I have everything plugged into the spektrum BUT I CAN'T HOOK UP MY WIRED WKNCH CONTROLLER NOW🤬🤬🤬🤬 WHATS EVERYONE USING WHO HAS THE TRX4 AND A WINCH?
SuperDutyScaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2021, 03:06 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Dx5 rugged and trx4...not enough channels

Stock TRX4:
Steering
Throttle
2-speed
Diff servos

Where you are running into issues is with the shift servos, Traxxas splits a channel, and basically goes 50/50 on each side of this channel to control both. Natively, the DX5 does not have this capability (or any aftermarket radio for that matter), so you have to control the diff servos off of separate channels, ditch one or both of them, or get a Traxxas T-loc module. The T-Loc will control both diffs off of one channel, freeing up that extra channel for your winch servo. This is assuming that you are not trying to run anything else, like remote lighting control.

Of course, another option is to use a fob for the which servo, but I dislike that option, it makes the whole mess more cumbersome than it really needs to be.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 05:40 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

I should have pulled the truck apart...only had it a mo th now. I opened a return on the spektrum, going back to stock remote and I changed my order with heyok to his wireless winch controller with two light button options for my light kit I ordered
SuperDutyScaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 07:23 PM   #4
RCC Addict

I’ve had a trx4 setup up with a dx5c no issues, I was using a 6 channel receiver though.. so I was able to control steering esc trans diff locks independently and still had an open channel. Never did hook up a winch.
I’ve seen you have a few threads about the radio. So I’m going to try n combine the answers here.
I’ve ran into the aux channel assign disappearing for no reason then coming back. But you have to inhibit momentary and the cyclic. I believe they’re active from the factory, therefore causing the position to return after pressing the desired button. By disabling those features it should work how you expect, travel to one end and stop travel to the other end and stop.

Upgrading radios isn’t an easy task, I spend hours fine tuning end points and everything. I’ve spent hours setting up a dig in a 3-position which people said couldn’t be done.
Sorry to hear this isn’t working out but it’s definitely not a plug n play deal. The tune ability and having one radio for up to 20 cars makes up for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fricker08 is online now   Reply With Quote

Dx5 rugged and trx4...not enough channels - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DX5 Rugged Issue coltonjdavis Electronics 7 07-23-2020 12:28 AM
Spektrum dx5 rugged Pwest Electronics 1 07-22-2020 07:13 PM