Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: I can't figure this one out. Hopefully someone can help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2022, 06:48 PM   #1

Default I can't figure this one out. Hopefully someone can help.

I have owned an Axial SCX24 Gladiator for about 2 weeks. I've been adding weight and decided to upgrade the motor. I went with the Torque Beast from Mofo RC. I AM NOT trying to blame my issue on this new motor OR Mofo RC. After installing this motor I lost reverse. I put stock motor back in to make sure my issue wasn't somehow caused by new motor. Same problem with factory motor back in. Forward only. No reverse. I messed with trim button and made sure all buttons were in correct position.
Now it get's more perplexing. I put new Torque Beast back in. Now I have reverse only, no forward!! So frustrating. I just wanna crawl with my new setup. At this point I decided my problem must be with the ESC, or possibly the remote. I went ahead and ordered a new ESC being that they are so cheap compared to other ESC's I purchased in the past.
New stock ESC came in today. I couldn't wait to put it on so I could go crawl this evening. Much to my dismay, this didn't fix my reverse only problem. At this point I can only assume the problem has to be with the remote.
Has anyone else experienced this same issue? If so how did you fix it? Or can anyone who is more advanced than me offer some possible causes and/or fixes?
I really appreciate anyone who read this and I will be extremely grateful for any help someone can offer. Thanks.
JDubWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2022, 06:50 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: I can't figure this one out. Hopefully someone can help.

Are you able to set endpoints on your radio? Calibrate those if you can

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
MasteroFlego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 07:56 PM   #3

Yes. I messed with the settings. But I did notice there wasn't much noticeably changing as with other RC trucks I've had in the past. I do know that when It went from no reverse to no forward I had not changed any settings. So I am to believe the issue is something else. I will take your advice to heart and go try to set the end points again right now. Thank you so kindly for your response.
Old 04-04-2022, 07:58 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

In regards to it changing direction, is it possible you reversed the motor leads when you changed it around?

MasteroFlego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 11:01 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

the esc is in forward only mode you should be able.to find out how.to.change that setting online somewere
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 05:46 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasteroFlego View Post
In regards to it changing direction, is it possible you reversed the motor leads when you changed it around?

It is possible but this wouldn't explain why either one (forward) or the other (reverse) has been working. At least I don't think it would. Please tell me if I am wrong. I did have one of the wires from the motor come loose and I had to solder it back on. I did look at a picture online to see how the wires went. I believe I did it correctly but I will look into that. Your idea definitely makes sense. Thank you so much.
Old 04-05-2022, 05:52 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferp420 View Post
they esc is in forward only mode you should be able.to find out how.to.change that setting online somewere
Ok. I will look into that now. I didn't know that mode was possible. I am curious though how it could have switched to forward only then reverse only. Especially since I haven't ever played with those settings. Nonetheless I am going to look into that now. Thank you so much for your response.
Old 04-05-2022, 09:47 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

That's definitely a weird issue, as I've never seen that.

My first guess, as far as motor direction is that your new motor spins the opposite direction of your stock motor. That would be fixed simply by switching the leads (red to black, black to red).

The loss of the other direction is a puzzle. Ferp's solution seems the most likely answer, but if you never messed with those settings that also doesn't make sense.

I'd start with setting your trims to center on the radio, and switch the truck off then back on. See if that gets you running. If not, try calibrating your radio again. You should be able to find instructions for that in your truck's manual. You might have to find your ESC manual and you'll find calibration instructions there.

I dont know how SCX24 receivers are, but make sure you've got steering plugged in to channel 1, and ESC plugged into channel 2.

Apart from that, I'm guessing something has failed, and will need replacement.
Fallen is online now   Reply With Quote

I can't figure this one out. Hopefully someone can help. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Did I figure out something they don't tell you kgb424 1.9 Scale Rigs 3 09-04-2016 08:41 PM
trying to figure out where this came from demonoid369 Chit Chat 13 03-28-2011 02:49 AM
figure this out. TSK Electronics 0 02-15-2010 06:05 PM
Sorry for this, but I can't figure it out atr3yu Tires and Wheels 9 02-18-2009 09:16 AM
Can't figure this out. John Deere Chit Chat 3 01-25-2007 12:17 AM