Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: GT3B’s worth it any more

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2022, 10:07 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Question GT3B’s worth it any more

I have a non hacked one and was wanting more than 3 channels. All the threads I find are 2 to 9 years old. Is there a better radio out there now ? I’m looking for a 6 channel radio.
big specht is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2022, 10:46 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: GT3B’s worth it any more

since you already have it why not hack it

the hardest part is soldering the 3 wires on to the radio theres alot of extra steps added in that arent needed
like a external port

the programing is easy and theres alot of videos online that can walk you through the process

Last edited by ferp420; 09-27-2022 at 10:59 AM.
ferp420 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 11:06 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

Ok wasn’t sure with the hassle of finding the other switches to control the other channels.
Old 09-27-2022, 11:32 AM   #4
RCC Addict

I briefly had a gt3b and couldn’t stand it. Hard to navigate the menus for simple epa.

I would get a gt5, that’s what I’ve been using and it’s super simple to use and setup, receivers can be had for around $18-$20 each and it’s 6 channel.

Some members recommend a radiolink 6ch, but I don’t know anything about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
twade984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 03:26 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by big specht View Post
Ok wasn’t sure with the hassle of finding the other switches to control the other channels.
you use the switches that are already on the radio you can map all.the channels so any button can do what ever you want

it is posable to use the throttle as a light controler not that any one would want to do that but it is posable

Quote:
Originally Posted by twade984 View Post
I briefly had a gt3b and couldn’t stand it. Hard to navigate the menus for simple epa.

I would get a gt5, that’s what I’ve been using and it’s super simple to use and setup, receivers can be had for around $18-$20 each and it’s 6 channel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
the gt5 or any of the new flysky radios are nice and work as good as the hacked gt3b/c but no hack required

the radio link radios look nice i dont have one i have the clone the dumborc radio and its nice but the radio link hase more features for just a few dollors more there both made by the dunbro factory and use radio link software

but you already have the gt3b so hack it you need a $3 controler interface and some wires you most likely already have

Last edited by ferp420; 09-27-2022 at 03:34 PM.
ferp420 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 06:27 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

Ok I mostly want to hack it so I can use one of the channels for a separate rear steer but with a self centering switch that’s why I was wondering about the switches
Old 09-27-2022, 06:53 PM   #7
Slow is the new Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by twade984 View Post

I have been considering a GT5. The value seems too good pass on.

I have not been impressed with my Spektrum transmitters. The DX5 Rugged I am currently using has a nice quality case but goes through batteries at a ridiculous rate. Between that and the cost of a Spektrum receiver i have lost all love for the brand.
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 08:10 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

I've been using a hacked/modded GT3B for years now, it's been fantastic. I bought a spare to mod in case this one ever kicks the bucket. I've almost got the 60 model memory filled up, heaven help me if it dies!

In any case, if I were starting over, I'd be looking at a GT5. Does almost everything I want it to right out of the box.

If you've got the cash, Futaba is the gold standard in my opinion. I've had them since the 80's and have never had a failure. They are expensive though.

Last edited by OSRC; 09-28-2022 at 08:12 AM.
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 04:40 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSRC View Post
I've been using a hacked/modded GT3B for years now, it's been fantastic. I bought a spare to mod in case this one ever kicks the bucket. I've almost got the 60 model memory filled up, heaven help me if it dies!

In any case, if I were starting over, I'd be looking at a GT5. Does almost everything I want it to right out of the box.

If you've got the cash, Futaba is the gold standard in my opinion. I've had them since the 80's and have never had a failure. They are expensive though.

My second radio was a 2ch futaba and was the only radio where my input felt solid, don't know how to explain it better...

I have a GT3C and a GT5. GT5 is a nice radio for the price. Way easier to adjust. Receivers are a bit pricier that the GT2's GR3E but are 6ch

Last edited by cooper_xl; 10-03-2022 at 04:49 PM.
cooper_xl is offline   Reply With Quote

GT3B’s worth it any more - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gt3b austin-92 Electronics 17 01-12-2021 10:15 PM
Gt3b help!? Tylertjeep73 Electronics 1 04-13-2014 04:02 PM
Fs-gt3b? BrianP Electronics 25 11-05-2011 08:30 PM