Old 02-03-2024, 06:13 AM   #1

Default Is this fixable????

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/om7nl...lyje7p160&dl=0
Paulwayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2024, 06:36 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Is this fixable????

ya you might have to open the case though personally I would just twist the wires back together and heat shrink them
you could also solder them back together you could use some kinda cold weld solder
you could also cut the wires off and resolder them to the board
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2024, 10:00 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Yes. just need to separate that wire from the 3. Strip a lil of the insulation cover off, twist it together, and apply a little solder to it. then some black vinyl electricians tape, or liquid tape to cover the wire back up. You can also remove the bottom cover of the servo, noting the position of each wire to the leads.

unsolder then trim all 3 wires back to the split one, and resolder the now slightly shorter wire back to the board on the servo, being sure to put each wire back to the correct terminal.

Last edited by Timmahh; 02-03-2024 at 10:04 AM.
Timmahh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2024, 06:49 AM   #4

Yep you can definitely solder that back together. Just ensure you keep the wires insulated from each other when powering up. Use heat shrink tubing on the wire after soldering.

They make self-soldering butt joints that make soldering and insulating easy, but not sure if they make any small enough for this little gauge wire.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2024, 10:14 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

A little late to the party. That is absolutely fixable in a few ways. You could attempt to solder it right there, but that's going to create a solid spot in the wire and you'll loose a lot of flexibility which will just move the strain somewhere else.

You'll find it's pretty easy to pop the rear cover, take note of what wire is soldered where,
Clip the whole harness about 1/16th of an inch behind the tear, reinstall the strain relief, and then strip and re-solder the harness to the board in the servo, that is of course if you can afford to lose an inch of harness (roughly):

(link for larger view: https://i.imgur.com/MqtMSH4.jpg)

Alternatively, you can buy a servo extension harness, clip off the socket end and run a new harness (I've done this more times than I can count).

If you're ever in the South Bay Area of CA, I'd be happy to fix that for you free of charge. Or, and this is entirely up to you and you can deal with being without it for 2 weeks or so.
I'd fix it if you want to ship it, and you cover shipping cost back to you. I totally understand if you say no to shipping it to me, since I have like no posts here and no one really knows me.
diezel666 is offline   Reply With Quote

Is this fixable???? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is this fixable ryanhall8028 Electronics 12 05-12-2020 10:41 AM
Is this easily fixable? Ramination Chit Chat 28 01-10-2014 12:09 PM
Fixable cut bead on 2.2 TSL? MNorby Tires and Wheels 10 02-08-2013 07:50 AM