Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Newbee Esc Question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2007, 07:24 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Newbee Esc Question

When using the EVX on a clod w/both motors can i still do the single battery conversion ...i notice it says to remove the second motor wires after this mod...or do i still need 2 batteries ??right now i have the stock motors i believe.....also i need to buy batteries can i just use a normal 6 cell stick pack like a 3600 mah...this electric stuff is all new to me so please bear with me here ...thank you for the help
TIMZKRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2007, 07:31 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

I run an EVX with the single pack mod done to it and I used to run the stock motors, too, on a Clod... Just make sure to run the motors in parallel...

The only issue I had, was the BEC was too weak for an average servo, let alone running 2 servo's... I fixed that by puttin' a 5 cell hump pack on the RX and pulled the red wire from the EVX's RX plug and it all works good...

As for packs, I use the SMC 3600 6 cell packs right now... 1 at a time... Any 6 or more cell pack can be used with the single pack mod..
DaViolentOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 07:41 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

thanks for the response.....when you say "pulled the red wire from the evx rx plug "do i not use the black and white wire either ?? in other words do i just not plug in the red/blk/wht wires from the evx and just plug the hump pack where the bat plug is on the reciever...

Last edited by TIMZKRAWLER; 06-13-2007 at 08:02 PM.
Old 06-13-2007, 10:48 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIMZKRAWLER View Post
thanks for the response.....when you say "pulled the red wire from the evx rx plug "do i not use the black and white wire either ?? in other words do i just not plug in the red/blk/wht wires from the evx and just plug the hump pack where the bat plug is on the reciever...
For the most part... What I mean by pulling the red wire, I mean take it right out of the plug and leave the black and white ones in it... The red one is from the BEC on the ESC and if you leave it plugged in, you can fry the ESC's BEC... If you need to program the ESC again, you can just remove the RX pack and put the red wire back in... The black and white wires are for the signal to the servo...

With the red wire removed from the ESC's plug and an RX pack, the 5 cell hump pack, yes, the servo will be quite happy... And the switch on the ESC will still work, too...
Old 06-14-2007, 01:42 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

ok ...got it...thank you so much for the help
Old 06-15-2007, 11:14 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

No probz, man...
Old 06-15-2007, 11:58 AM   #7
RCC Addict

I'm basically doing the same thing as Daviolentone. I have clod motors with evx esc. I run two batteries on my rig (3600/3700) but only using one battery at a time. I get about 3 hours total runtime from both. My application required a receiver battery pack because the evx couldn't handle the servo without glitching. Basically what he told you, he told me too
muddeprived is offline   Reply With Quote