Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Sticks Or the Wheel

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2007, 10:44 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Sticks Or the Wheel

i have always been a wheel radio fan and that is for the simple fact that i suck at sticks. (its like a monkey with a computer, it dont work). however with the new rig i am wanting to build i cant see how i can get out of a 4 channel radio. i know the M11 is a 2-4 channel but the 4 is a mix. i am wanting to build a rig with 4 wheel drive, 4 wheel steer, and dig. i am not sure if it will be a 2.2 or a super but either way i look at it i will have to have at least 4 channel. the super will have twin brushless for the dig option and the 2.2 will use the rs with dissconnect.

i guess my real question is What are you guys using on your rigs and what do you suggest i get for mine?

thank you
8500lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2007, 12:15 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

I am using a 3 channel XR3.

I would like to use a Nomadio React, which is a 4 channel pistol grip radio that can do close to what you are wanting for a clod, from what I have read. And if it is a shafty, then you will have no problem having independent front and rear steering along with a disconnect for dig.
SVEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 12:20 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVEN View Post
I am using a 3 channel XR3.

I would like to use a Nomadio React, which is a 4 channel pistol grip radio that can do close to what you are wanting for a clod, from what I have read. And if it is a shafty, then you will have no problem having independent front and rear steering along with a disconnect for dig.

nomadio react is the way to go if you want to stay pistol, otherwise spektrum dx6 is a stick radio that works well
BrandonW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 12:29 PM   #4
TEAM MODERATOR

Can't remember which model,but I've heard that the battery life of the nomadio radio's ain't all that great. The one Nomadio radio I looked at while at my LHS,felt tiny. I wouldn't buy it simply because it's small and IMO,built for somebody with tiny hands.

I,myself prefer a pistol type radio. What I'd like to see,is a 5 channel pistol grip. 4 channel would be enough but 5 would give an option for if you wanted to add something else. I really can't see why a radio like this can't be produced. Having a pistol grip with 2 or 3 toggles at your left thumb would be PERFECT for crawlers I think.
Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 09:08 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

another thing is, on the dx6 at my LHS i noticed the left thumb stick does not center like the right. ( when letting go it does not go back to the middle) I was wondering if there is a fix for this or is there another Stick radio i should look at?

Thanks
Old 06-29-2007, 09:10 PM   #6
Adilynsdad too!

I love my Nomadio but, I really grown acustomed to having small things in my hand
braceysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 09:14 PM   #7
MODERHATER™

I like my DX-6 best, gives me the best feel of whats going on.

You will have to either special order one with the self centering gimbal or DIY.
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 09:16 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

I dont know why noone knows Multiplex makes radios.........They are pistol grip, are AM and FM, and come in 3 and 5 channels. There are two 3 channel models, one of which and the 5 channel model can be used as a 7 channel transmitter.

http://www.modelspot.com/mpx/car.htm

Last edited by HndsWthtShdws; 06-29-2007 at 09:19 PM.
HndsWthtShdws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 09:49 PM   #9
TEAM MODERATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by HndsWthtShdws View Post
I dont know why noone knows Multiplex makes radios.........They are pistol grip, are AM and FM, and come in 3 and 5 channels. There are two 3 channel models, one of which and the 5 channel model can be used as a 7 channel transmitter.

Do you use one?

A brief explanation on how the 3-7 channels are controlled,where the button/toggles are would be nice.
Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 12:30 AM   #10
Rock Stacker

wow those look great and it looks like it would work. does anyone else use these and if so i would like to hear your thoughts?

thanks
Old 06-30-2007, 01:49 AM   #11
MODERHATER™

Look just like a Nomadio just missing the 2.4.
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 02:39 AM   #12
MWRCA'er

Nomadio react uses the muliplex case.
Mnster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 03:57 AM   #13
Rock Stacker

but on the nomadio, is it a real 4 chan. what i mean by this, is it like the M11 where the 4th channel is not a real 4th channel but designed to be a brake for the rear of 5th scale cars. i would have got the m11 with a spectrum adapter but, my LHS and myself could not think of a way to make it work. so how does the 4th channel work on the nomadio. and on the multiplex there is a spectrum option also. it is alot more expensive then the nomadio but there is one.

thank you for the thoughts and help, please keep them coming.

i hope to have a completed rig and radio setup by the 12 at the latest. and right now i do not have one piece i need. lol
Old 06-30-2007, 05:58 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorman57 View Post
Do you use one?

A brief explanation on how the 3-7 channels are controlled,where the button/toggles are would be nice.
I dont use one. Channels 3-7 in truck mode are controlled by the trims around the wheel (only when in that mode), they can be used as proportional, flashing, or 3 position channels. Thats all I really know about it, you can read the manual at: http://www.multiplexusa.com/Support/...ofi403_707.pdf
HndsWthtShdws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 01:40 AM   #15
RCC Addict

i use 2 of the profi car 707
one of the best transmitter in my opinion

Last edited by EGRESSor; 07-17-2007 at 01:47 AM.
EGRESSor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 09:55 AM   #16
06 Super National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by HndsWthtShdws View Post

Hitec now owns Multiplex...has for a while.

I have a ProfiCar 403 and love it. The React uses the same case.

8500lbs, you can order the DX6 with a spring return or make your own. Search the forum for "Picked up and modded a DX6".
JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 10:08 AM   #17
Rock Stacker

thanks Guys
Old 07-22-2007, 08:06 PM   #18
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666 View Post
I like my DX-6 best, gives me the best feel of whats going on.

You will have to either special order one with the self centering gimbal or DIY.
being that i have no local shop and everything is online who do you know of that i could get a quote on the special order with self centering gimbal. spektrums site shows no options the radio only comes 2 ways (2 different recievers)
rcjunky3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 11:53 AM   #19
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8500lbs View Post
but on the nomadio, is it a real 4 chan. what i mean by this, is it like the M11 where the 4th channel is not a real 4th channel but designed to be a brake for the rear of 5th scale cars. i would have got the m11 with a spectrum adapter but, my LHS and myself could not think of a way to make it work. so how does the 4th channel work on the nomadio. and on the multiplex there is a spectrum option also. it is alot more expensive then the nomadio but there is one.

thank you for the thoughts and help, please keep them coming.

i hope to have a completed rig and radio setup by the 12 at the latest. and right now i do not have one piece i need. lol
I currently use a Profi 403 on my TMaxx (not a crawler, I just stumbled on the crawling scene and am hooked!) and use the pushbutton on the handle (HB in the manual) for reverse and the digi adjuster (DA in the manual) for rear steering. I toyed with using the other channels for headlights, turn signals (the flash feature worked well for this!) and also onboard EZ start. Anyway, I'm thinking there are many crawling applications for this radio in truck mode (dig, cutting brakes, suspension jacks, etc.). Where can I find the spectrum module?
KSCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote