Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Tower TS80/ CS80 1/4 Scale Servo Gears

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2007, 06:36 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Talking Tower TS80/ CS80 1/4 Scale Servo Gears

Hey guys, I've been using the TS80 1/4 scale servo for awhile now and just recently broke the gear that the servo horn mounts to (the splined part broke off)

So I can get new gears cheap enough through Tower @ $4.79 plus shipping, but do you guys know of any metal gears I can use as replacement instead?

Search didn't turn up answers
wonder squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2007, 10:59 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Talking

Well first run on a new servo and its now broken in the same place as the other. I even changed the horn around so its not being beat up.

I've searched quite abit and haven't found any other gear sets except the nylon gears offered by tower (the two sets they offer are exactly the same but one costs $5 more- hitec model = $9.99 and they are stated as being nylon).

I guess these bargain priced monsters aren't really much of a bargain or monster after all.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:12 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonder squirrel View Post
Well first run on a new servo and its now broken in the same place as the other. I even changed the horn around so its not being beat up.

I've searched quite abit and haven't found any other gear sets except the nylon gears offered by tower (the two sets they offer are exactly the same but one costs $5 more- hitec model = $9.99 and they are stated as being nylon).

I guess these bargain priced monsters aren't really much of a bargain or monster after all.

That sucks sounds like you have a bad binding issue, What about running another 1/4 servo with metal gears? going to be alot more money, But the old saying comes to mind
''You get what you pay for''

can we get some more info on your set up?

truck base
chassis
wheels
tires
esc
radio
batteries

Thanks dude
smokinubyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 03:20 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Talking

Most of the normal TXT mods really, nothing unusual.

TXT axles and trans with Revo shafts, wb set to about 15.5", TQ3 radio, normal 6 cell 3000mah NimH's, bottom (ground clearance)/ front and rear sections of chassis cut off, gd-600 with 55t, Super Rooster, savage shocks mounted at 45 degrees (keeps torque twist managable), 40 series Moabs xl's on narrowed cheyanne beadlocks (about an inch taken out), foams are only narrowed width wise, 6 cell battery mounted to upper front links, trimmed stock knuckles (I tried trimming them to see if the servo was just fighting the stops but there was no change there, also made sure the king pins were set loose and that there was no binding in those areas)

Servo was mounted infront of the axle, horn facing downward. The first servo was beat on a little bit and regularly bumped into stuff on the approach angle. The second was mounted higher, horn cut shorter and the linkage mount was moved closer to the center of the horn (2nd hole out) and I only had maybe 15 minutes of pretty easy crawling on it and it was broken

Last edited by wonder squirrel; 08-30-2007 at 03:26 PM.