Rock Stacker

Thanks NovakTwo, I just sent him one.
DoddS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-2007, 12:01 PM   #22
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Mike View Post
smoothest performance I've ever had out of an esc. The drag brake performance is incredible, perfectly set up for this application.

better than a mamba max??
vypr2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 07:29 PM   #23
Rock Stacker

Here are some pics of my set up. Does it look ok to you guys?

Old 08-27-2007, 09:38 PM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by moab0lllllll0jeeper View Post
Well I tried moving all of my radio gear away from the motor and ESC. It had no effect on the glitch. I am aslo using a JR sx3i and a 65T. At this point it is no good for comps. I guess Ill just keep messing with my set up. I just hope that it is fixable or Im get a MMaxx for my next truck.
Try cleaning the comm. Mine actually glitched twice today during about 30 minutes of driving. BUT, I did lay my antenna down right across the esc to fit under my new bug body.
SACCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 05:22 AM   #25
Quarry Creeper

I tried cleaning the old motor and then put in a new 65T that was broke in using water and there was no change. I have a new RX that I am going to swap and than? We will see.
moab0lllllll0jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 09:56 AM   #26
Rock Crawler

Hello Everyone,

Dodds and I have a couple emails back and forth. I think we'll get this sorted out.

The biggest problem I see is the antenna. You can never really run antennas that tiny/short with medium to high frequency ESCs.

Hopefully we can get this sorted fairly easily. I sent some pics of my TLT rig, and my Long but Short antenna. I tried to run a super short coiled up antenna but anyting past 5 feet away caused problems. I used an M8/Switch and Xxtra receiver, these are usually VERY clean and can be used in some of the most "wrong" setups. However even the mighty "novak novak" combo of Module and RX, has problems with a setup like this. All I did was use a normal sized antenna tube and "voila" it worked perfect and still does. This is with a customers ESCs that claimed to be "glitching" just like Mr. Dodds.

Thanks Guys,

Anything else like this please please please, don't hesitate to email me directly. It's what I do here and I try to answer emails within a few hours if I'm in the building. I get here at 9, leave at 5 PST all week.

Threads like this are great, they show everyone how to fix things, but lots of time and effort could have been saved with an email and a couple of pictures.

Happy Trails
Charlie@teamnovak.com
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 10:27 AM   #27
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
The biggest problem I see is the antenna. You can never really run antennas that tiny/short with medium to high frequency ESCs.
You did'nt cut your antenna did you? If you did that is definitely your problem.
Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 10:38 AM   #28
Quarry Creeper

Well, one thing people omit is that when we squeeze the ESC, Motor, and RX/Antenna between twin vertical [See: Metal] plates, we're creating an electronic frenzy in terms of interference.

Back when I was working on a stainless steel chassis I had a lot of comments from people who were advising me that it would be tough to work out a spot to mount my antenna.

I'd try an experimental setup with a full length antenna, drive it without a shell. Then, work from the full length to something you can fit with your body or driving style.

Torque
USATorque55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 12:30 PM   #29
I wanna be Dave

Its been my experience that since the DSM revolution all of the crawler guys that do not have prior RC experience think that they can get away without running an antenna tube outside their body. And for the most part it works as long as you drive your crawler while standing right over it.. But todays AM and FM radios benifit greatly from a full length antenna
frdtrkguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 06:49 PM   #30
Rock Stacker

Is this better guys?

Old 08-29-2007, 01:10 AM   #31
I wanna be Dave

Perfecto
frdtrkguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 07:04 PM   #32
I wanna be Dave

dodds is it still glicthing?
tapped-out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 04:37 AM   #33
Rock Stacker

It was. I changed the set up one last time and adjusted the Deadband and Throttle Exponential some. Now it seem to have cleared it up, I hope.

Old 09-01-2007, 06:24 PM   #34
I wanna be Dave

hey guys installed my RCE. today only one pack and no glicthing. batt. 6 cell 1100 mah nimh, TQ3 in my ax10 so far very happy
tapped-out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 01:02 PM   #35

Just today I was talking to my friend about getting a new ESC and we were thinking how good this rooster cawler ESC would be. I search the Novakīs site and there was that itīs suitable for dual 35-55 turn motors. My friend and I both have 2 x 65t motors, what kind of troubles there will be with those motors ( if any ) ? How about using just one 65t motor ?
locksmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 01:43 PM   #36
Rock Crawler

i think a full straight antenna is the key, i run mine along the chassis in an antenna tube and can walk to the other side of my house and it still works perfectly,.
balang_479 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 02:09 PM   #37
Keep it real

Quote:
Originally Posted by locksmith View Post
Just today I was talking to my friend about getting a new ESC and we were thinking how good this rooster cawler ESC would be. I search the Novakīs site and there was that itīs suitable for dual 35-55 turn motors. My friend and I both have 2 x 65t motors, what kind of troubles there will be with those motors ( if any ) ? How about using just one 65t motor ?
You will have no problem.
Tanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 08:35 AM   #38

Thanks for the answer, weīre gonna the Novak then !
Old 10-05-2007, 11:42 AM   #39

Is this the way to go with rooster crawler with dual motors:
http://www.teamnovak.com/tech_info/h...ors/index.html

Or is there a different / better way to do it ?