Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: HARDline motors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2007, 11:10 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default HARDline motors

By JPcustoms

Well I received a 55t Crawlmax from Run2jeepn a couple weeks ago and haven't had the time to set it up, till this weekend.

WOW is all I can say..
First I put it in my Bull Scorpion and noticed from the start the smooth throttle response and the little extra torque it had and figured it wouldn't really be a good compairison cause I've never "run" or driven the scorpion before this and figured it could be Axials work that made the difference.
So I put it in my BULL dampened torsion Comp rig that I have plenty of drive time one. AGAIN the same results.

I felt this motor just out did the Lathe I have in there. although I'm running a 65t in it the Crawlmax had just as much torque and slow throttle response was smooth.

I put the 55t back into the scorpion and WILL defenatly be ording the 65t for my TLT Comp rig.

to JP customs for another great product.
Double J is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2007, 12:02 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Gald you liked it. What was the gearing and Cells you put on it?
run2jeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 02:01 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by run2jeepn View Post
Gald you liked it. What was the gearing and Cells you put on it?
yeah sorry about that. was in a hurry.

I was running stock on the AX-10 Scorpion w/ DA Bull chassis. 87t(spur)/14t (pinion) 48p on 7 cells.
On Da BULL TLT I've got a 90t (I think) and a 12t 48p on 7 cells.

I'm also running a Moped ESC in both.
I also didn't have any caps on it either.

I want to get em for my super as well but will have to wait till the $$$ get's better.
Old 09-04-2007, 02:49 PM   #4
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

With the addition of gearing and voltage I would say this is tech. Unmeasureable opinion like "smooth" isn't, and you didn't specify in the first post what motor brand you were comparing it too either.

Did you take any temps? Would you say the wheelspeed of the 65t Crawlmax was about the same as the 55t machine wound Integy? Do you normally run 7 cell packs on your Integy motors? This is the motor with the round brushes right? I would say the brush holder would reduce brush hang a lot since the braids can't hang on the hood.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 03:08 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

wow. OK.. I'll try my best. Oh and my bad on missing a lot of tech. thanks for letting me know where I missed it..
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrobholmes View Post
With the addition of gearing and voltage I would say this is tech.
You are correct.
Unmeasureable opinion like "smooth" isn't, and you didn't specify in the first post what motor brand you were comparing it too either.
My bad just figured Lathe motor, people would assume integy.
"Smooth" is unmeasurable so I'll try this.
Compairing the Crawlmax 55t to the Integy 65t I had better trottle response at lower speeds allowing me to "creep" instead of "jumping" then slowing to a "creep" as I have to do with the integy at times. This also could be fixed with a better ESC in my opinion, but I'm working with what I have till I can save enough for myself to get a nice Mamba or something.

Did you take any temps?
No, I don't have any temp guns to measure it with. But by touch it did seem to run cooler than the integy 65t, since I ran the integy just before and imediately took it out, to run the Crawlmaxx and then swaped them back out.
Would you say the wheelspeed of the 55t Crawlmax was about the same as the 65t machine wound Integy?
55Crawlmaxx had more wheelspeed, But the torque was "about" the same. I honestly didn't check the wheel speed or pay as close attention to it.
Do you normally run 7 cell packs on your Integy motors?
Yes, I run a 2000mah 4/5A pack from cheapbatterypacks.com.
This is the motor with the round brushes right?
? you'd have to ask R2J.
I would say the brush holder would reduce brush hang a lot since the braids can't hang on the hood.
This was just my first impressions of the Crawlmaxx motor as I didn't get to do as an intensive test as I'd have liked to this weekend due to painting and adding molding to the house. Wife had some plans for me this weekend. But the living room kitchen and dinning room's all look fantastic.

I also think your doing a great job, I just didn't know why it was moved. Thanks
Old 09-04-2007, 03:12 PM   #6
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Excellent, that answers my questions. Seems like a very nice motor. The jumping to a start you speak of is proabably because the integy motor's commutator is not round from the factory, causing improper brush contact. The Crawlmax should have a cut comm, making it much smoother on startup. I dont think a better ESC will make your Integy start up better, but a comm cut would.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote