Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: CCBEC wiring issues

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2007, 07:19 PM   #1

Default CCBEC wiring issues

When I went to rear steer I started to brown out my 72mhz Heli-Max RX powering it off my Intellispeed 16t Mild Mod. I threw a 2s 7.4v Lipo I had laying around on the RX for the time being and off I went while I waited for my CCBEC to show up and solve all my problems.

Ditched the Heli-Max setup and got a DX7 with a AR6100 RX. CCBEC shows up and I throw it on. Red blinking forever. I play with it for a while and it seems that if I unplug and plug in the RX sometimes it works and sometimes not. After days of messing with it I finally figure out that what is happening is that as long as the power lead touches before the signal lead it's fine. Signal lead touches before the power lead and error state. I removed the signal line from the CCBEC lead and just don't run it now and all is well.

Why when the CCBEC signal lead is plugged before the power lead does the AR6100 go into an error state?

Last edited by dezertdog; 10-09-2007 at 07:23 PM.
dezertdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2007, 07:36 PM   #2
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Give this a read, it will help out. Plug the CC BEC into a spare channel and not the batt port, then rebind the radio.

DX7 + Mamba + Castle BEC = trouble
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 10:02 PM   #3

I see so it's not going into an error state, it's going into bind mode. The Horizon tech support guys couldn't even figure it out, might give them a call back and tell them what the deal is. For now I've got it wired to the bat port and the signal just folded back. Next time I have it apart I'll throw it on the aux channel or something.

Thanks!
dezertdog is offline   Reply With Quote