Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: TQ3 and BTA steering = headache

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2007, 07:42 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default TQ3 and BTA steering = headache

I have a pimp cane chassis with the JR high torque servos, I modded the TQ3 for rear steer and added epa pots to the front and rear steering. The rear steering works great, but when I try to use the front steering, it does nothing but glitch, and get the servo hot. I have tried everything I know to adjust it, but I cant figure it out. Any help would be appreciated.
nosduj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-2007, 08:47 PM   #2

You might try putting the front steer servo into the rear steer channel on the rx and see if it still does it, if it is does the same the servo is bad, if it fixes the problem, then it will be the rx or the tx. I have run jr servos in my cars and had problems out of a few of them like what you are talking about. Jr servos have a 3 year warranty so if the servo is bad you can send it back and get it fixed.
Jammin57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 08:46 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

thanks for the tip.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:11 AM   #4
RCC Addict

make sure when you hook up the BTA steering the nuts connecting the knuckles to the steering rod are not too tight. if you crank them down the servo will really have trouble trying to turn it. same thing with the link connecting the steering link to the servo link.
BrandonW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 10:52 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

I plugged the front servo into the rear port on the reciever, and it worked alright, but still didnt have full stroke, prob due to my EPA pots being adjusted for rear steer. So what does that mean? that my front steering wheel is bad?
Old 10-18-2007, 08:33 AM   #6

If the front servo worked on the rear steering channel, the problem is either the reciever or the remote, if you have another reciever try it with the servos and with that remote, if it fixes it the problem was the reciever but if it doesnt fix it, then the problem is with youre remote and as far as it not turning that far is in the endpoints not letting it turn all the way.
Jammin57 is offline   Reply With Quote